eight

It's been six days since my meeting with Strauss last Monday, meaning my suspension would be lifted tomorrow. Nothing really changed for me last week, I was still doing paperwork and organizing files, but now an excessive amount of it.

Work hasn't been the same without Anderson. I've been staying extra hours to finish all the tasks it would normally take two people to complete.

I barely saw Gunner throughout the week, and I felt terrible for making Tabitha watch him longer, even though she said she didn't mind.

Today is Sunday, May 3rd. I plan on spending my day relaxing with Gunner before I return to my exhausting paperwork tomorrow.

I got out of bed at 11:00 am and opened my blinds. I open the door of my bedroom and walk over to the kitchen to get out two eggs and a frying pan. I scramble the eggs and divide them on to two paper plates; one for Gunner and one for me.

"Gunner!" I called. I hear his collar jingle as he jumps off my bed and comes running to the kitchen.

I put his plate on the floor next to his water bowl, then grab the tv remote before sitting down at my four person table.

I turn the TV on and it immediately started playing the news channel. I saw they were talking about the upcoming election, as they started showing a clip of the president. I laughed to myself and quickly switched to the music station that was playing Here by Alessia Cara.

I have to admit, it does get quite lonely at some times, that's why I always play music to drown out the silence.

I went to take a bite of my eggs, when I noticed Gunner had already finished.

I chuckled and continued eating as I hummed along to the song.

When I finished my breakfast, I grabbed mine and Gunner's plates and threw them in the trash, then turned off the TV. Next, I walk to my room to begin getting ready for the day.

I put on a pair of black athletic Nike leggings with a light purple sports bra. I then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. I put my long dark hair in a high pony and brushed out the ends.

When I was done getting ready, I put my white tennis shoes on and grabbed my phone, AirPods, and Gunner's leash.

I attached Gunner to his leash, shuffled my playlist and headed for the park.

At the park we run four laps and walk the fifth. On the last lap, Gunner stops every five minutes to sniff around and use the bathroom.

I could tell he was getting tired, so we head back up to my apartment.

Once inside, I unleash Gunner and he runs to his water bowl.

I go to my room, undress, and hop in the shower.

After my shower, I walk out of the bathroom to see Gunner taking a nap on my bed. I put my pjs back on and join him.

I turn the TV in my room on to Hulu, and select Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I've already seen it multiple times, so I didn't have to pay too much attention. I scroll through my notifications and decide to text Grant. We haven't talked since he left the office last week.

I typed out the text that read, "Hey! How are you?" Then hit send.

I wait in the chat for a response, but I don't get one right away. Maybe he's busy?

I then put my phone down to watch my show. This is how I would spend the rest of my day.

--

I was awoken by the sound of my blaring alarm. 6:30 already? I don't even remember falling asleep. I look up to see my TV was still on, it had a message that read, "Are you still watching?" I must had fallen asleep watching my show.

I checked my phone to see if Grant had texted me back.

No response.

That was weird, there's no way he hadn't been on his phone for that long. I shrugged it off, maybe he still didn't want to talk about it; I needed to give him space.

I got out of bed and took Gunner out to use the bathroom, then put some food in his bowl. I made myself a bowl of Fruit Loops.

I headed back to my room to get ready for work. Today I decided on wearing army green dress pants with a pale yellow blouse that had light colored flowers on it. I then went to the bathroom to fix my appearance.

I said goodbye to Gunner, grabbed my work bag, and put on my black ankle boots that had a slight heal. Then, I headed out to my car to go to work.

--

As the elevator door opened to my floor, I stepped out and saw a man standing at my desk. I was confused, so I went over to ask Margret who he was.

"Hey, who's that?" I asked as I pointed to my desk.

"That would be Anderson's replacement. Good luck." She laughed then went back to her computer.

Weird. Why'd she wish me luck?

I walked across the floor to my desk, where the man was standing with his back facing me.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat to get his attention.

He quickly turned around.

"Oh! You must be Agent Carter!" He said excitedly as he reached his hand out for me to shake.

I took his hand and looked at him closely. He had dirty blonde hair that was slightly gelled to form a spike in the front. He had hazel eyes that were covered by square black glasses. He was tall and wore brown dress pants with a royal blue button up. I must say, he was fairly attractive.

"Hi yes, I'm Devyn Carter, and you are?"

"Hayden Wilson. Nice to meet you!" He responded.

We both sat at our desks, facing each other.

"So tell me about yourself." He asks

"Well, I've been working here for about a year now. And I-" He cut me off.

"No, no, no I wanna know about you, silly!"

I was slightly taken aback, I had only met this man two minutes ago; he had balls.

"Uhm, I'm twenty eight years old, I'm an only child, I grew up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and I graduated from Brown University a few years ago. Your turn."

"Well, I'm thirty two, I have three brothers and four sisters, so quite the opposite of you." He laughed. "I went to Caltech for school, my friend Spencer actually got me this job." He explained.

I had heard of Spencer, he was the genius agent in the BAU.

"That's nice of him." I said and smiled.

I then grabbed my first manila folder to begin working.

Hayden continued talking about his seven brothers and sisters, but I started to drown him out. He was barely even working.

I continued to sort through the folders and papers as he continued to talk,

and talk,

and talk.

God, will he ever shut up?