thirty one

It's been a little less than a month since Grant visited my apartment. He's tried to reach out multiple times through texts and calls, but Hotch insisted I block his number.

As for Aaron and I, nothing much has changed. We've been on a few dates here and there, but unfortunately the crime world doesn't stop. This month has been extremely busy with back to back cases. As soon as we would get back from one city, another needed our help.

Today is one of the first days we get to stay in the office. The whole team is busy on catching up on all the paperwork from the many cases.

"Hello my lovely crime fighters!" Penelope sang as she entered the bullpen. "How's it going?"

"Oh you know, just doing some wonderful paperwork!" I said sarcastically while motioning towards the stack of folders on my desk.

"I wish serial killers had better sense of time. Like, give us a break in between for god sake!" Emily joked from across the room.

The rest of the team continued to complain about our inundation of work, when I felt my phone buzz from my desk drawer.

I opened the drawer and pulled out my phone, I had a text from Aaron.

"What's all the commotion out there? You better not be having fun without me."

I giggled and turned my direction to his office window. There he sat, staring back awaiting my response. He held a goofy grin on his face.

I didn't take my eyes off him as I typed the response,

"I could never have fun without you ;)"

He immediately turned back to his phone and smirked. The bubbles indicating he was typing appeared before he replied,

"Come here."

I stood from my seat before Reid stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Hotch needs me." I shrugged, still smiling.

"Oooooh! Get it girl!" Penelope squealed.

I laughed and made my way up the small set of stairs that lead to the landing of the three offices. I winked as I passed his window, where he was watching me walk towards his door.

"Hey, Carter!" Derek shouted before I could open the door.

I turned to face my team below me, leaning my weight on the railing. "What's up?"

"Ask him if we can take the paperwork home. He's more likely to say yes to you."

The whole team nodded eagerly in excitement, just wanting to go home.

I laughed and turned towards the door, kicking my left leg up to hit my butt.

Derek whitelisted jokingly as I entered Aaron's office and shut the door behind me.

"Hey you." He smiled as I made my way to his desk.

"They wanna go home." I stated.

"Good, so do I."

I chuckled and looked out the window to see the whole team watching us.

He cleared his throat, causing me to jolt my head back to him.

We were both thinking the same thing.

"How about we give them a little show?" I raised my eyebrows and smirked.

Before he could respond, I yanked his tie from across the desk and smashed my lips to his.

I heard Derek whistle once again; followed by Emily, JJ, and Pen screaming with joy; and a disgusted groan coming from Reid.