ten

"Everyone, this is Agent Carter. She'll be joining us on this case."

I examined the five seated agents as I waved with an awkward smile.

The man who had entered last sat at the chair furthest from the screen.

I recognized the man seated with his back towards me. It was the agent who gave me directions earlier. He had a dark complexion and a little bit of hair, but he was mostly bald.

Next to him was a woman with blonde curly hair that held a bright blue flower clip. She wore a blue dress that exactly matched the color of the clip. She had yet to look up at me, as her face was buried in the laptop in front of her.

Across from her was a tall man with almost shaggy brown hair. He wore a black sweater vest over top a pale purple button up shirt.

Finally, next to him was a woman with dark hair that was parted directly down the middle. She wore a red blouse accompanied by a black blazer.

"You've already met SSA Rossi." Agent Hotchner started as he gestured towards the older man.

Ah yes, now I remember, his name was David Rossi.

"This is-" He was about to introduce me the next agent, but was interrupted.

"Sweet Cheeks! I'm Derek Morgan, it's nice to officially meet you." He said as he stood from his seat to walk over to me.

We shook hands, and he pulled me to the table.

"Agent Emily Prenitss!" The dark haired woman leaned over the table to shake my hand next.

"Spencer Reid." The man seated next to her spoke as he waved.

I waved back and smiled at all the agents. I was practically starstruck. Act normal Devyn, act normal.

"This is our technical analyst, Penelope Garcia." Agent Hotchner picked up with the introductions. "You'll be staying with her when we are out in the field."

"Looks like your stuck with me, newbie." The lady said with a big grin on her face as she looked away from her computer for the first time.

"And finally we have-"

"Jennifer, right?" I asked as I stepped forward to shake the last agents hand.

"Please, call me JJ! It's nice to see you again." She said.

I nodded, still smiling a little harder than I should have been, before taking a seat in between Rossi and Morgan.

Agent Hotchner then sat across from me as he spoke,

"Let's get started."

"Alright, three victims, M.O all the same. First, we have Michael Lincoln. He was found by a group of kids in a dumpster near a local park." JJ spoke as she turned on the screen behind her.

An image of the dead body popped up, the victim was covered in blood. I shivered at the sight of it. I needed to act cool.

"Next, James Wright. This is where it gets different. Him and our next victim, Ben Donny, were found in alleyways. One on 5th Street and the other just off Longhorn Drive." As she said each victims name, she clicked her remote to show more gruesome photos.

"All three men were stabbed multiple times on their chests and torso, along with both legs sliced open from heel to crotch." She finished explaining.

"The information you need has been sent to your tablets." Each agent glanced down to the screens in front of them.

Morgan noticed I didn't have one, so he turned his screen towards me.

I glanced over as he zoomed in on the second victims gash going down his leg.

"This is a pretty straight cut, I'd say our unsub has experience in the medical field." Derek added.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"No prints were found at the scene or on the bodies? I'd say we've got an organized one on our hands." Prentiss suggested.

"But, what about the change is dump sites?" Reid asked.

"He probably realized it was too obvious, the body was found fairly quickly." Rossi added.

My head was turning in every direction as each agent spoke, while they all were still looking at their tablets.

"Dave and Reid, you'll head to the first dumpsite to see if they missed anything."

I jolted my gaze to directly in front of me, as Agent Hotchner spoke. Our eyes met yet again. I didn't even realize he was staring at me. I quickly look away, back to Morgan's tablet.

"Morgan and Prenitss go to the coroners office." He continued.

"JJ and I will stay here to question the kids who found the first body. Agent Carter, you'll-" He paused.

"What is it?" He asked as everyone lifted their eyes off the tablets.

"What's that?" I asked as I zoomed in on the picture of the third body. In the back, there was writing on the wall.

"It just looks like graffiti." Rossi said, almost laughing.

Great. This is embarrassing.

"No wait. It's a message!" Reid exclaimed. "Can you pull this picture on the big screen?" He asked, as Garcia went back to her computer.

Two seconds later, the same image was shown on the TV.

"They deserved what they got."

I turned my gaze from the TV to the man in front of me. He was still looking at me. He smirked as he looked back down to his tablet.

"So it's definitely the same guy." JJ spoke.

"Scratch what I said before; JJ and I will visit the second crime scene. Everyone at scenes, look for other messages we could have missed. Agent Carter, you and Garcia will interview the kids." Agent Hotchner spoke.

"But, Sir, I-i've never done that before." Garcia said nervously.

"You two will be fine, it's just a couple of kids." Morgan reassured her.

I nodded, I had never done this before either, but I was excited. It couldn't be that hard to talk to a couple kids.

"Let's go." Hotchner said, as they all rose from their seats except for me and Garcia.

"Hey, good find on the message." Prentiss said as she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks." I replied quickly before she could leave.

The agents all left for their designated areas, leaving Garcia and I alone. I looked over to her before closing the gap of now empty seats between us.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She was staring off into space with a worried look on her face.

"Oh, uh, I'm just nervous." She said as she broke her stare.

I put my hand on her shoulder,

"Like Morgan said, it's just a couple of kids. How hard could it be?"

A/N: Thank you so so much for 200 reads!!! I'm so freaking happy :))))) Please don't forget to vote and comment!!!