thirty four

It's been a month since I returned from my hometown in Pennsylvania.

After a weeks long debate, my mother finally agreed to return to her treatments.

Ryan has called me every single day with updates, making sure not to miss one.

As for my mom and I, I guess you could say we are slowly reconnecting. Of course it'll never be the same, but with the convincing from Ryan, she's making a generous effort to make up for the last eight years.

Today was a boring office day, full of paperwork and chit-chat among the team.

I tried to finish my reports quickly so I could help Aaron, who was inundated with double the amount as everyone else.

"I'm gonna go run these to Hotch. Need me to bring any of yours?" I asked Spencer as I finished my final report of the day.

He nodded and handed me a few folders he had completed. I picked up my folders along with his and headed off for my boyfriend's office.

"You done already, sweet cheeks?" Derek asked as he picked his head off his desk.

I giggled, "Jealous much?"

When I reached the office door, I walked right in. I didn't knock since he knew I was coming soon.

He was extremely focused on the file in front of him. His eyebrows pinched close together creating profound lines across his forehead. His arm supported his head weight as he rubbed his temple. His lips formed a deep frown.

"Need some help?" As soon as I spoke, his demeanor switched. He immediately perked up and his frown flipped into a closed smile.

"Hey, you." He stood up from his seat when I made my way over to his desk. He pecked me on the cheek before taking the files from my hand.

"How can I assist you, sir?" I asked cheerily.

He sat back in his chair and grumbled a few words under his breath, pulling out even more files from his drawers.

"Here, can you check over these reports for me?"

"Of course," I smiled and stepped back to sit on the love seat in his office.

We worked in silence, knowing that was the only way he could get his work done. I read over a few reports from other agents, making sure they were accurate and what not.

After my fifth report, I felt my eyes begin to feel heavy. I tried to fight my tiredness, but was unsuccessful. My head began to droop and I dropped the open manila folder I was holding onto my chest.

I heard a slight chuckle causing my eyes to flutter open and me to sit up.

Aaron stood up and came over to sit next to me on the small couch.

"Go home, Dev. You're tired. I can finish these."

"No, no, I'm fine," I shook my head.

He sighed and shifted his position to his back. He extended his legs on to the couch, playfully kicking me in the process. He left a little room in between himself and the back of the sofa.

"What are you doing?" I giggled.

"Just come here."

I smiled as I laid my head on top of his chest. I fit my body in the gap he left and laced my legs with his. Our feet slowly rubbing against each other as we played footsies.

He took his arm and placed it around my body, rubbing the side of my hip gently.

We stayed like this for hours, and I slowly felt myself drift away.