Chapter 8: Humiliation

April arrives to her dorm. She opens the door of it and gets inside, closing the door behind her. She pulls her headphones off her head and puts it and her walker on her bed. She then clutches against a wall of her room, still highly astonished that Johnny has invited her into a party. Not the fact she was invited into a party of his, but the fact that he wouldn't dare do that if there was some kind part. And it seems as if he wishes to redeem himself. She doesn't still really trust him, but that's a good step to her. Maybe he really wants to stop being a jerk around her and her friends? 

April laughs softly, a hand on her forehead. Finally a bit of peace with this fraternity. And Mike probably is now out of trouble too. He and his fraternity might have been invited too. So why shouldn't April go to this party? Now she goes brushing her hair a bit to go properly on the day and leaves her dorm, locking the door back as she left.

-

In the middle of the evening, April is now walking towards the Roar Omega Roar fraternity house, where the party should normally be taking place. As she reaches the front door, she stops for a bit of time, taking a deep breath in and out, lightly nervous.

"Ok, you can do this. It's a party, so for once, try to have fun and not be so shy around people. Besides, how many chances are there for this party to screw up or for you to bump into trouble? Pull yourself together. You're April Slyther. You are not a party pooper. So now go.", she mumbles to herself, now reaching the door knob with a hand and opens the door.

She enters inside the fraternity house, looking around herself. The look of it all gives her a feeling of wonder and amazement. The party has already started recently and the room is full of monsters dancing and chatting everywhere. There is also a DJ player on a side of the party, playing some good disco music on. A crystal ball hanging on the roof colors the whole dance-floor with bright colors. Also the whole house was so bright and big. The RORs sure have got so much space. April stands in awe at all of it, a bright smile on her face. It has been a long time since she has gotten to a party, even though she loves them. And this feeling of high adrenaline and excitement was all forgotten until now. 

April joins the dancing crowd of monsters, getting hipped and chained to the rhythm of the sound of music. She doesn't really know how to dance, but she still goes on to show some tectonic moves. After all this time she was finally having fun. All this stress at Monsters University and before that with her.... brother.... was left behind by entertainment. She is so into the music and into the party ambiance. She suddenly feels a pat on one of her shoulders. Her groove popped off, she turns around to see who just caught her attention. She smiles surprised as she recognizes this monster.

"Mike! You're here too!", she shouts out, making sure he could hear her out.

"Awesome, right?! And also the Oozma Kappas could join in!", he exclaims, pointing a thumb behind him.

April looks past Mike and there she could see the team dancing around the floor and some accompanied with the PNK members. Even Sulley apparently joined the dance mood. Every single one of them seem happy.

"That is so great! You might finally have gotten recognition as I see!", April exclaims.

"Hey yeah, now that you make me think about it!", Mike agrees.

Then April looks around herself, still dancing with Mike next to her.

"I really wonder if we could see Randall! It has been such a long time since we have seen him nor talked with him!", she says.

"He's going to pop out, some moment! I'm sure of it! But for now let's just party!", he shakes it off.

"Yup!", April nods.