Chapter 31: Vanished

The party went on without the chief of the ROR for the rest of the evening. The next morning, the ROR members woke up. Johnny for most hasn't slept pretty well because of what happened last night. He couldn't forgive himself for what he said of April, but also he now surely despised Frank. A headache thumping in his head like a hammer, he stands up from his bed, the first thought in his mind being to see April and talk with her. He needed to and she needed excuses. Maybe she'll pardon him? He rubs behind his head and leaves his room. He walks over towards April's room and knocks on it.

"April? Dear, are you in here?", he asks out.

Maybe she's still asleep? Or maybe she's still mad? She maybe doesn't want to open up? Johnny sighs.

"Okay, this will be tough....", he thinks to himself.

He tries to knock again, but he this time feels that the door can easily be pushed open. The door wasn't either locked nor closed. It was open. Johnny enters in to see. April is nowhere in this room. Her school affairs are still in her room. So she hasn't left the row recently, she simply might have stayed to her dorm to sleep and she may come back to take her affairs for her lessons later on. Maybe it isn't yet the moment to talk. Maybe if he let her be just a little more. Sometimes people can be angry for a long time. Well, after what he said, there isn't an excuse to not be. Johnny closes back the door and leaves the room. He walks downstairs, meeting back with his teammates.

"Hey, chief.", Chip says, "Any news of April so far?"

"She's not in the row since yesterday.", Javier says.

"I thought so.", Johnny says.

"Are you going to be fine?", Chet asks, seeing the tired face of Johnny.

"Do not worry of it. And leave April more space for now. Worry for training. The last event is for soon."

"And she?", Javier asks.

"April will come back and she'll come back to train with us too. Leave her space. And besides, her school affairs are still in here. She'll take them back as soon as possible."

The morning goes on calmly. But as minutes pass by, the start of the lessons is approaching soon. No sign of April anywhere. And as it is about time, her affairs still lay down on the floor in her room. She hasn't returned. That is getting stranger. Johnny thinks of going to see her to her dorm, just to check if by any case, she is still here and intending to go to her class. So he leaves the row and marches to the dorms building. He goes up until he arrives to April's floor and reaches her dorm door. He knocks on it. The door is definitely closed now.

"April? You in here? You're going to miss the Scaring class.", he calls out.

There's no respond nor sounds coming from the room.

"April? Please answer.", Johnny calls out again.

Once more, nothing. Either she isn't in this room, or she simply doesn't feel like answering nor getting out. But that might mean that she is seriously going to miss the class. Maybe she intended to. Johnny sighs. If she is really still inside, it's not the time to force in anything. So he leaves and goes back to his row. As he was back to his comrades, Chet was rushing towards him.

"Johnny! You got a call!", he says.

Johnny rushes towards the telephone hanging on the wall. Maybe that's her. Maybe she's fine and wishes to talk? Is she sick and at home? Whatever that is, he needs to talk with her, even if that means he might get late for his own courses too. So he answers the call.

"Hello?"

"Why hello dear son.", false alarm, this is madam Worthington.

"Oh.", Johnny drops his emotions and cools down, "Hi mother."