Chapter 17: Hangout

The studies have ended. April is walking back to her dorm. She's exhausted by the day and the lessons. So, knowing that in a few hours she's going to hang out with Johnny, she wishes to rest for a while. When she reaches her dorm and enters inside, she lets herself collapse on her bed, her head stuffed in the pillow. She stays still on her bed, enjoying the comfy mattress and the soft blanket. She closes her eyes, the silence of the room making her feel pleased. And then there were knockings on the door.

At first April groans and ignores the knocks on the door of her dorm. She prays that she hasn't actually heard the knockings and that it was just her imagination. Her exhaustion has brought her to not wish to move off her bed. Laziness. Who didn't have their lazy moments at least once in their lives? April isn't a lazy type, but pardon her for that, because she is tired right now. And think that in less than a few hours, she has a hangout.

*knock knock*

April sighs. It wasn't in her mind. Those knockings are real. She heaves her head up, with an annoyed face and starts getting up from her bed tiredly. Her arms and head hanging a bit low and now standing up, she marches to the door.

"Coming.", she calls out with the more energy left in her voice. 

As she reaches the door, she tries out to smile to whoever knocked on the door. She opens it. To her surprise, it's the Oozma Kappa. She waves at them weakly, grinning with all she can. 

"Hey guys....", she lets out.

"Hey April. Tired of the day? Was it the most recent lessons we had?", Don notices.

"I kind of have to admit, it was pretty tiring for me. It got me good.", April groans, rubbing the back of her neck, "So, what's the matter?"

"Well, later on in the evening, we will be trying out sending invitations and subscriptions to join Oozma Kappa on our stands. And we wanted to ask you if you wanted to help out decorate it in a few hours, that if you aren't too tired.", Squishy demands.

April stares at them, hesitating a bit before realizing. She chuckles awkwardly.

"Sorry guys to disappoint you, but this evening I'll be out.", she apologizes. 

"Really? Where you going?", Art asks.

"Uh....", April hesitates to say, "Appointment?", she then tries saying.

"With who? Friends? Family?", Don asks again.

This is the part where the questions are too much but April feels obligated to answer to them. 

"A.... Friend?"

"Who is this friend? Is it one of the newbies in the class? Is it a childhood friend? Is it Mike? Sulley?", Terry and Terri both ask one after another the questions. 

Too much. April interrupts the Siamese brothers before they would ask a ton lot more questions. 

"Wait. Wait. Why would you want to know that detail? This doesn't affect anything to you with who I'm hanging out, does it?", April says, shaking her hands in light pressure.

"Nope but we're curious.", Art grins and the others follow his action, insisting on wanting to know with who April was going to hang out with in the evening. 

April awkwardly grins, not knowing what to do now. She honestly sometimes wishes people weren't so social and nosey on others and on people they know. But that's how friendships work right? Having to chat and get to know about the other people. In panic, April holds the door of her dorm with a hand.