Chapter 32: An eye for an eye

8 hours before

April is laid on her bed in her dorm since a few hours. She has tried to sleep to forget it all of what happened at the party, but in vain. She couldn't. She just couldn't. Her eyes wouldn't close and her mind wouldn't be put to sleep. This whole thing having happened shook her emotions too much. She didn't know what to think, she didn't know what to do, she didn't know what to say any longer. What Johnny has let out was hurting. But did he do this on purpose? Did he mean it?

She is angry. The only thing she knows she is feeling is anger. She was angry of what Johnny said of her. Angry that his pretentious personality still brought him to act like the jerk he was to her when they both first met. But on the other hand, it is normal for someone having been living primarily by this kind of personality almost his whole life. And she knew that despite his efforts, he still could have been showing this side of him. And he still did try to make efforts as time moved on. He even showed humbleness and regrets few times. So it means that Johnny still somehow tries harder and harder to not act the way he usually did. And Johnny usually never does favors if not motivated to it. He never actually ever does any favors to anyone just like that. She is one of the first people he ever showed kindness. There are bad sides of Johnny but also good sides, but right now, with her anger, she didn't know what to listen to. Forgiveness or Not?

Let's be reasonable. She can't stay angry forever with Johnny. It wouldn't be fair considering all what we have told lastly of good about him. And she loves him. He is the love of her life. The one having accepted her by his side and for all she is. He has done a lot for her more than he has ever done for anyone. If there's a way to show how grateful she is, she should at least show mercy and forgive him. Yes. That's what she needs and wants to do.

So April gets up from her bed. She has to go back to the row. She'll even feel calmer after talking back to Johnny. She takes her keys and leaves her dorm, locking the door of her chamber off. She gets out of the dorm building, directing herself to the ROR row. The night has fallen off pretty quickly. It is very dark and everyone is asleep. Or at least most. And by that time, the party at the ROR might be ended already. So it could be the perfect time to have to talk to each other and clear some things.

But something seems queer to April. She feels like something's observing her. From a corner. But for now she doesn't feel concerned much. It can probably just be someone also taking the same paths as her and who might be also one of the few students walking in the dark.

And then she hears crawling and shuffles. She turns to a side to see what it was but she can't see anything. And then to the other side where the sounds has switched rapidly. And the noises come closer and louder towards her. April gets more stressed and starts rushing. But it never stops. It gets even faster. April stops firmly, turning around to shout at whoever makes her anxious.

"Stop it! It's really creepy! If you want to scare, do it in the Scaring Class!", she shouts.

But even if she turned around to face her stalker, she can't see anyone. No one in sight. Yet she feels observed. And closer and closer from her stalker. As if it could be simply inch closer to her. But they aren't in front of her. Are they standing behind her? Before she can even think nor react, she gets grabbed from behind with force. April squirms around, trying to free herself, but the grips are strong. She tries screaming, but her mouth is covered. She feels herself dragged away, as she feels her keys fall off in the middle of the campus. She doesn't know yet, but the next 8 hours will be followed by hours of true terror and scare.

-

Dizzy, confused, lost, spaced out.... That's all April knows she's feeling as she's slowly waking up. Her vision is dark when she opens her eyes up, but the darkness is slowly blurring off. Same thing for the hearing. Instinctively she starts turning her head to the sides, trying to identify the place she's in. As her senses are recovered, she can easily see where she is now. And it gets her more confused. It looks to be a small room, filled with shelves with screaming cans on and a children room door in front of her. It looks like to be the room where students test the doors to be used. What is she doing here?