Chapter 33: Visit

After April was taken away to the hospital, those witnessing what happened in the door lab room had to continue their lessons, while she's recovering. No one can come visit her until the doctors can give authorization. The parents and his brother have also been informed of her. Like all her friends and knowledges, they can't go see her until the doctors know she can receive anyone. After school, in the evening, Johnny decided to get in march towards the hospital April is resting in. As he arrives there and asked permission to visit April, the receptionist has told him that currently it wasn't the moment for her to receive anyone. But he could be waiting outside of her room until a doctor has finished checking on her. Also she told that her family is waiting outside too, talking with her doctors. Indeed, as Johnny walked up to the room assigned to April, room 469, her family were standing up talking with doctors. He marches towards them. One of the doctors notices him.

"You are?", he asks him out.

Everyone now turn their head towards him. April's family smiles at him, having recognized who he was and happy he came too.

"Johnny Worthington the 3rd. April Slyther's boyfriend. How is she?", Johnny asks out.

"Oh, right.", the other doctor says, "She's currently stabilized. Dr Peeper is making sure she stays that way. He'll confirm if you may all go see her. What she faced was the lower leg having been broken off and moved off position and a fracture on the back of her skull. We had to make surgery to make sure to replace the bone of the leg and repair the skull. Other than that, the brain hasn't been damaged nor hasn't been anything else. Everything should be fixed now."

"Good. Really good.", Johnny says, relieved.

"She would probably need seven weeks to recover.", the other doctor says, "She would be able to leave the hospital tomorrow if Dr Peeper gives us good news. Since her parents informed us that she studies as a scare major, it would be recommended that she takes her full recovery as an opportunity to rest. She would be resuming her studies afterwards, and if necessary, during the summer vacation. It would be required that she doesn't practices anything hard or sportive."

"I understand.", Johnny answers.

"Good. We would have a moment now with her parents to clarify some personal information.", the other doctor says.

Johnny nods, walking over to a seat against a wall and sits on it. Someone walks out of the group of doctors and parents chatting to go join Johnny next to him. He sits down and smiles up at Johnny.

"It's very nice of you to come over here. It means a lot to us all, even my little sister.", Andy says.

Johnny looks up to see Andy Slyther in person. The big brother of April. Johnny smiles back to him.

"I heard a little about you.", he says, "You have been one good scarer at MU."

"Yeah. Had better rivals but I was pretty proud of myself.", Andy answers, "And you are actually one of the best scarers in that same school? A Worthington, huh?"

"Yeah. That's me."

"Your reputation precedes you. You are the son of two generations long scarers, the Roar Omega Roar leader, won a lot in the Scare Games...."

"Let's say I am simply a honored MU student. And proud to be too."

"I haven't finished.", Andy chuckles, "You are apparently also the greatest, most kind boyfriend and caring monster April couldn't ever have."

Johnny raises an eyebrow up at Andy.

"She did say that to you?", he asks out, surprised.

"You know, since very young, I've always been April's only best friend and the only person she could trust. She didn't really have a great childhood. So whenever there was anything, she could rely on me. And she would always tell me anything. All that went good as well as bad. She likes talking to me of anything. I was probably the first person she wouldn't be so shy about. And since not so long ago, I could notice her smile and feel happy whenever she got home for the weekends. And most of the time it was thanks to you. She would always tell me all about you and all you did for her. How much you cared for her, how much you loved her.... And I do have to admit, a few times I caught her daydreaming of you.", Andy laughs out after explaining.