Chapter 53

"Hmm? Mr. Protagonist? What are you doing here?"

Rhianne was surprised when she saw Keith sitting in their living room. Rhianne wanted to get a plate of assorted cookies in their kitchen and share it with Candice inside her room while they are finishing their small project so she goes downstairs. She was confused when she saw him staring seriously at the glass of juice placed on the table. She quickly approached Keith and sit beside him.

"What's the problem? Did my brother bully you again?" Rhianne asked. Her voice is full of concern. "Do not worry, Mr. Protagonist. If my brother is always bothering you, I will surely protect you from him."

When Keith heard those words, he can't help but look at Rhianne with squinted eyes.

"...Do I look like someone that can be bullied easily?"

"I do not mean it like that."

"Then what?"

"Just... It is obvious that you do not like meeting my brother though." Rhianne explained. "After all, my brother obviously does not like you. Tell me. Did you made a mistake or try to prank him that's why he does not like you?"

"Do I look like I am similar to my childish brother?" Keith asked her back.

"Hmm... Fair point."

Keith looked at Rhianne with a complicated look before resting his back on the sofa. It is true that he does not want to meet Rhianne's brother every time he visits their mansion. If possible, he only wants to meet Francis once a month. Or maybe once a year. But of course, that is only his wishful thinking.

Rhianne and Francis have a good sibling relationship. If Rhianne will fall in a trouble, Francis will surely come to her rescue without any hesitation. Keith also heard from Rhianne that Francis will be staying in their city again because of their family business so it is really impossible for Keith to avoid him.

The mini big boss is always guarding Rhianne against him. Then what will happen if the time comes when he needs to meet and talk with the final boss? Does he need to prepare for the worst?

But of course, that is only an exaggeration. Uncle Tim is a good man. Keith had met him a lot of times before and he is always treating him well. But when he confessed to Rhianne, Keith surely noticed that Uncle Tim is giving him a scrutinizing look every time they meet. Surely, Uncle Tim is not willing to give his daughter even to him that easily.

So what will he do? Of course, he will face them. Since he already started taking good care of his girl, then he already told himself not to lose this precious girl no matter what happens. And to make it happen, Keith needs to deal with Rhianne's family. They will become his in-laws in the future anyway. Fortunately, Auntie Carmie likes him to be with Rhianne. It really gives Keith a lot of courage to continue courting the girl he likes.

Keith's family is naturally aware of what he is currently doing. And it is all thanks to his blabbermouth brother. It was Calvin who told their parents about his confession to Rhianne during his birthday. When Keith asked him how did he discover it, Calvin said he personally heard it from Rhianne when he asked her.

His father told him that his path to pursue Rhianne will be full of obstacles since he knows the Cartel couple adores their daughter so much while his mother asked him to invite Rhianne to their house once he succeeds in making her his girlfriend. Of course, Calvin did not miss the opportunity and pestered him all the time. Tired of dealing with his childish brother, Keith just lets him do whatever he wants. Keith knows that Calvin will surely stop if he will not give any reaction to his teasings.

"...Ah. The things I will do just to be with you." Keith murmured to himself.

"Hmm? Are you saying something?" Rhianne asked.