Chapter 5

Rhianne remained seated on her bed while Francis is silently watching her. He also put a considerable distance between them thinking that he might scare her. He is trying to put himself in her position right now. Seeing an unfamiliar person inside your room is quite scary. 

When the door opened again, two unfamiliar people entered her room. Rhianne's body flinched and unconsciously becomes alert because of their arrival. The wariness on her face is too obvious to them.

The middle aged-woman suddenly burst into tears witnessing how the girl becomes alert the moment they saw them while the stern-looking man on her side tried to comfort her. The woman is calling her different sweet endearments that are fitted for little girls, but Rhianne intentionally ignored them. They also tried to explain to Rhianne that they are her parents and hopes to see any reactions from her. But Rhianne remained silent. 

She is giving them a look full of anxiousness and wariness. The way she clutches the blanket and the look on her face that a person is giving to strangers is so painful for them to look at. This makes the woman or rather her 'mother' cry.

After that, Rhianne did not try to talk again. Even when her 'family' tried to talk to her, she did not give them any sort of response. When Dr. Calvin asked her if remembered anything, Rhianne timidly lowered her head and avoided his eyes. It is obvious that she is also planning not to talk with him, but Dr. Calvin is very patient in waiting for her answer.

Seeing that the doctor will not leave her alone without getting any response from her, Rhianne told him in a small voice that she cannot remember anything at all, including her name. This confirmed in their mind that Rhianne has amnesia. This is probably the after-effect of hitting her head hard on the metal stairs.

Rhianne decided to act like she truly had amnesia than making a fuss about her current situation. And besides, her situation is kind of similar in having an amnesia since she really does not know all of them. Even if she found these things ridiculous, Rhianne can't deny the fact that she is not dreaming. She can really understand her situation deep in her heart. The people around her are telling her that she is the Rhianne Cartel they have known.

When Rhianne finally gets some sleep, Dr. Calvin talks with her family in his office. He properly discussed the condition Rhianne is suffering right now. Based on his observation, her brain is like a blank canvass. She cannot remember anything that has happened in her in the previous years, including her name, age, family members, and close acquaintances. Although the Cartel family had already heard about Rhianne's diagnosis earlier, it is still painful for them to hear that their beloved child has no recollection of them. 

Carmie, Rhianne's mother, is the most hurt among them. She cannot accept that her youngest child is suffering like this. She is actually scared that Rhianne's condition will be the reason to distance herself away from them. She is going to suffer a lot if this accident will break their family.

 The moment he saw her scared reaction when they arrived in her room, it actually broke his heart into pieces.

Tim, Rhianne's father, is also hurt. The child that he is treasuring on his palm cannot even remember him. But he tried his best not to show it because his wife needs him right now. 

And Francis is blaming himself for what happened to Rhianne. If only he did not ask her to swim with him in their pool, this accident will not happen. Since he is older than her, Francis should have kept a close eye on her. Seeing the despair on his parents' faces, the guilt on Francis's heart is getting bigger.

After staying in the hospital for the next two days, Rhianne is finally discharged from the hospital. Dr. Calvin advised that it will be better for her to be exposed to a place or things she is familiar with hoping that it may bring her memories back. To make things more convenient for Rhianne and her family, Dr. Calvin also added that he will visit their residence once a week to make a regular check-up on her.