Special Chapter 1.1

A few months after Andrew left Finrel City, the relationship between Keith and Rhianne remained the same. They are still a pair of inseparable teenagers that everyone knows. If someone sees Rhianne outside, always expect that Keith is also nearby. Both of their parents have no problem with it. Their families are on good terms and they are supportive of their children's friendship. 

The Lancester couples often tell their youngest son to take good care of Rhianne. Not only because Rhianne is a fragile girl but also she is the precious daughter of the Cartel family. Since Keith is a bit older than Rhianne, then he should become a big brother to her who treats her like his own younger sister.

Keith cannot believe his ears when he first heard those words. His parents want him to treat his crush as his younger sister. And the worst part of it, his parents told him those words right in front of his older brother!

As expected, when Calvin heard those words, he spat the cold coffee he was drinking at that time on his face and laughed so hard as if his lungs will explode any time soon. Calvin kept on repeating the words 'younger sister' on Keith's face until his patience ran out and tackled his brother on the floor. Still, the teasing smile on Calvin's face did not disappear. He even told his little brother that Rhianne is probably seeing him as her younger brother too although he is older than her by a few months.

Anyway, Keith told his parents to stop telling him to treat Rhianne as his younger sister. Keith also added that he can never treat her like a younger sister. At first, the Lancester couple is confused with their youngest son's words. But they soon get the meaning of his words by just observing Keith's reddening cheeks and Calvin's breathless laughter.

His mother had already anticipated it. In just one glance, she knows that her youngest son has a deep affection for that little girl. But that's alright. Rhianne Cartel is such a cute and sweet girl. She is also a caring person in her son's life.

But his father has a different reaction to it. While staring at Keith with a sympathetic look on his face, he patted his son's shoulder and told him to be brave in the future. When Keith asked him the reason why, his father told him a story about Rhianne's father.

Eugene Lancester already know Tim Cartel since they were still college students. He is a person who takes his job seriously. He is a strict boss to everyone. But he is also fair to his employees especially to those who are dedicated and passionate about their work.

When the news spread that his wife was pregnant with their second child, everyone congratulated Tim Cartel and sent their good wishes for the couple. Their close friends know how much they wished to have a second child. And after a few years of endless efforts, their prayers are finally answered. And after nine months, Carmie gave birth to a baby girl.

A year after Carmie gave birth to their daughter, the Cartel family held a two-day celebration to welcome the new member of their family. That was also the time when everyone saw Tim Cartel acting like a different person. Instead of his stern and serious persona, they all witnessed how he carefully carried his little daughter in his arms. He even personally held the milk bottle in his hand and carefully helped his daughter to drink her milk.

Tim does not mind whether a few drops of milk formula was staining his expensive suit or if the baby in his arms was playfully pulling his hair. Instead, he patiently dealt with his baby daughter by teasing her until she showed him a smile. There were also times when Tim will talk in a baby voice just to see his baby daughter laugh.

That was Eugene's first time to see his friend acting like that. Although he already witnessed how Tim cares for his eldest son, the way he carefully held his little princess was full of gentleness. It really shows how he treasures his daughter so much. Although Eugene has a baby boy waiting for him in their home, he still cannot imagine himself being too much of a hands-on father to his youngest son. The most extreme pamper that he gave to Keith was lifting him in the air while running around their mansion. And that was also the time when his wife scolded him for being a reckless father.

But from that day on, everyone who is associated with Tim Cartel knows that he treasures his daughter a lot. Some businessmen who also have their own daughters can completely understand him. In the eyes of these doting fathers, their little daughters are the little princesses that they need to love and protect. But there were also a few businessmen who wants to take this golden opportunity to be connected with the Cartel family.

Eugene can still remember that on the same day, there was this businessman that approached Tim who was busy teaching his daughter how to speak. At first, there was nothing wrong with him since he congratulated Tim for having a cute daughter. They also exchanged a few pleasantries after that. When that businessman thought he already made his presence known to Tim, he quickly talked about his son who is five years older than Rhianne.

That businessman told Tim they can make their children meet in the near future and let them become friends. Maybe because he did not notice the darkening mood of Tim at that time, the businessman continued conveying his so-called plan to him. He even plans to make an early engagement between their children and merge their family businesses after their wedding. And since they are going to be in-laws soon, he started being too friendly with Tim that night.

And that was probably the biggest mistake that man had ever made in his life. While he was happily building the future of their children, he did not notice the 'future' that Tim was brewing in his mind for him. The next day, Tim Cartel put an end to their business partnership and stop investing his money in that businessman's company. He even banned them from their possible transactions in the future.

When everyone heard what happened, they can only let out a sigh and pity that businessman. They all thought Tim Cartel did that because he dares to act too close with him and even planned to marry his son to Rhianne Cartel.

But that was only the partial reason why Tim Cartel did that. Eugene knows that his friend does not like it when other people forced themselves not only on him but on his family. As a person who has a high status in their city, it is already given that a lot of people will try their best to please them in any possible way. No one can understand the true power that money and reputation hold except for them who are considered sitting on the top.

Tim does not like it when people are obviously approaching them for their own gain. And he hates it the most when people start bothering his family because of their greediness. As for his children, Tim never plans to use his children to expand his business or to arrange their marriages in the future.

Despite the rumors that Tim is a strict and ruthless person in the business world, he is actually a sentimental man who truly loves his family.

As long as the person they choose to marry is someone who they truly love, has a good character, and will love them with all their heart, then that is already enough for the Cartel couple. They will never force their children to marry a random person for their own gain. What they want for their children is to experience love and cherish that feeling in their hearts.

Of course, it does not mean he will not evaluate the people who dare to approach his children especially his beloved daughter. Francis is already old enough to know the intention of those people around them. But that is not the case for his daughter. In his eyes, Rhianne is still young who does not know the cruelty of this world. As much as possible, he wants to let his daughter enjoy her life until she is ready to face the world and spread her wings.

Before leaving, Eugene sincerely gives Keith his blessing to pursue the Cartel's little princess. Knowing his friend, Eugene knows very well that Tim will not give any leeways to his son even if they are friends. If Keith is really determined to pursue that little girl, then he can only support him and give him a lot of encouragement. But Eugene reassured his son that as long as he show his sincerity, then everything will go well for him.