Chapter 41

The weather is gorgeous today. Blue skies, chirping birds, blooming flowers, and ambient temperature. This is a perfect time to go outside and enjoy the day. Wearing a thin jacket, fitted jeans, and a pair of white sneakers, Rhianne is ready to go out.

After saying goodbye to her parents, Rhianne saw their family car waiting for her outside the mansion. She cheerfully greeted the driver first before she gets inside the car. When everything is ready, the driver started the engine.

Rhianne decided to go to the mall first and buy the materials she will need to finish her project. She fished out her phone from the purse she was holding. Rhianne checked her notepad to see what other materials she needs to buy. While reading the list, a text message suddenly popped up on her screen.

'Want to visit the new cafe in the district with me?'

A small smile bloomed on her face as she typed her reply.

'I thought you said that you will not visit that cafe with me because it's too cute and childish?'

'I just simply changed my mind.'

'Hmm...'

'Let's meet later at 2 pm. I will come to fetch you.'

'No need for that. Just meet me later at the mall. I need to buy the materials I need for my assignment.'

'Alright. Take care.'

'See you later, Mr. Protagonist!'

Keith did not reply again and Rhianne put her phone back inside the purse. She is really in a good mood today. Maybe because she got a good sleep last night and her mother cooked a hearty breakfast including her favorite dessert this morning. Looking at the passing sceneries on the window, Rhianne smiles in satisfaction.

Four years.

It's been four years since Rhianne woke up from her accident and discovered that she transmigrated in a book. The first year became troublesome for her, but she survived and even made a lot of good memories. Within these years, a lot of good things happened not only for Rhianne but also for the people around her.

Rhianne's family is still the same. There are still treating her like a princess and spoiled her a lot. Francis had finished his studies and he is now working as a manager in one of their companies. Tim, their father, told Francis that it would be better for him to start in a lower position first so he can gather more experience which he can use when the time comes when he will inherit their family business. Francis gladly accepted the challenge and it seems like he is also enjoying doing his work.

Rhianne is still communicating with Andrew. Within four years, Rhianne sincerely treated Andrew as a friend. According to his messages, he is really close with his cousins and already made a lot of friends. He also mentioned that he is thinking of having a short vacation in Quintel City to visit her and Keith on their school break.

Keith, her Mr. Protagonist, had changed in a lot of ways. During these years, he is no longer the timid and awkward teenager that Rhianne had first met. He is now a young man who is releasing an irresistible charm every now and then. Even Rhianne is sometimes being caught off guard because of it.

As for Rhianne, there are also some changes in her. After living here for a lot of years, Rhianne finally accepted her new life. She also got used to her life as the daughter of a rich family. Rhianne also became friendly with her peers. Right now, she is now pursuing her dreams.

Rhianne took a mass communication and art course while Keith took a business and finance course. Though they had different courses, these two are still attending the same university. Their daily schedules are different so it is rare for them to meet each other during weekdays. But Keith is always making sure to spend some time with Rhianne during weekends.

She once asked him if he is not busy and not having a hard time with his studies. Keith answered that his lessons are too easy for him. Rhianne did not believe him at first. But when she accidentally saw him answering his test papers one time, Rhianne cannot believe how fast Keith answered his test papers before he passed them to his professor.

Surely, the power that her Mr. Protagonist holds is still the best and the most amazing happening in this world.

When she arrived at the mall, Rhianne told her driver not to wait for her since she will be meeting with Keith today. Rhianne quickly went inside the mall and entered the bookstore to buy the materials she needs. She also bought a few books that can her with her studies. Since it is still one in the afternoon, Rhianne decided to stroll inside the department store first to kill some time.

There are a lot of new clothes and dresses displayed inside the department store. But she has no intention to buy new clothes since her mother just bought her a few sets of dresses last week. Though she is now living the life of a wealthy daughter, Rhianne's habit of being thrifty will never disappear in her mind and soul. Not because Rhianne is now a rich lady does not mean she should spend her money like flowing water.

When Rhianne got tired from strolling, she left the department store and walked her way towards the mall's exit. Rhianne decided to give Keith a call when she noticed that it is almost two in the afternoon. After two rings, Keith answered her call.

"Mr. Protagonist!" Rhianne cheerfully called him.

Keith hummed in response.

"I am finished buying the materials I need for my project." She informed him.

(Got it. I am on my way now. Just wait for me on the bench near the mall's entrance. It is a bit of traffic here so I think I will be late for about thirty minutes.)

"That's alright. Just take your time. Oh, wait! You are not driving while talking to me, right?"

(Of course. This loyal subject will never dare to disobey Her Highness's orders.)

Keith jokingly answered her question. After that, Rhianne heard him laughing on the other line. Keith is using these lines every time Rhianne reminded him about the things he needs to pay attention to.

(Our family driver is driving the car right now. I just came from the hospital to deliver some of the documents my brother left this morning.)

"Dr. Calvin is busy these days, right?"

(He should be. Instead of spending time on useless things, my brother should use his time to treat his patients.)

"Well, you have a good point there. But- Ah!"

(Rhia? Hello? What's wrong? Rhianne?!)

Rhianne, on the other hand, cannot answer her phone since she dropped it on the floor after she caught a woman who suddenly collapsed in front of her. When she noticed the staggering woman, Rhianne quickly ran towards her and caught her body so the woman would not hit her head on the floor. Rhianne was surprised to feel the burning temperature of the unconscious woman. She tried to wake her up, but the woman was not opening her eyes.

Many onlookers were surprised by this sudden turn of events. Rhianne reached for her phone on the floor and saw a huge crack on the screen. Fortunately, it is still working and Keith did not yet kill the call.

"Keith-"

(Rhianne, are you okay?! What happened?!)

"Keith, I am fine. But I will bring this woman to the nearest hospital first. I will text you the hospital's name later."

Rhianne did not wait for Keith's reply and ended their call. She quickly dialed the emergency hotline and reported the situation. While waiting, Rhianne asked the onlookers to gave them more space and even tried to wake up the woman again. Fortunately, the ambulance arrived quickly and carefully put the woman on the stretcher.