♠️ Chapter Four: Prisoner Zero ♠️

~~~
A/N Delilah is wearing the same outfit as described in chapter one.
~~~

Hand in hand Delilah and the Doctor ran towards Mrs. Angelo's house. Before entering the house, the Doctor turned to Delilah, "I'm sorry about before I didn't mean to frighten you."

Delilah looked at him noting his apologetic demeanour and stared into his eyes seeing the seriousness behind his words. "That's alright, I..I'm just not a fan of aggression. I should really fix that," Delilah stated but mumbled the last sentence to herself.

However, the Doctor heard and sighed, "No love, you shouldn't need to fix anything," grabbing a hold of her shoulders before adding with a smile, "I'll try and keep my aggression at bay but...it may slip out in particular circumstances."

Delilah nodded and smiled gratefully but nonetheless shrugged her shoulders, "I don't want you to change yourself for me, especially for something this silly."

The Doctor stared at her entrapped in her beauty as she was in her insecurity and anxiety. All he did was give her a smile of adoration, "I would change the world for you."

Delilah gasped in shock and blushed deeply, her heart pounding fiercely at his revelation. "Come on. No time to lose," the Doctor grinned madly grabbing Delilah's hand and continued running to Mrs. Angelo's.

~~~

The Doctor slams Jeff's bedroom door open with Delilah behind him. Jeff is lounging on his bed with his laptop on his lap. The Doctor doesn't give Jeff a chance to talk, "Hello. Laptop. Give me." Jeff looked surprised at their sudden appearance to which Delilah offered a small smile.

The Doctor didn't wait for a response walking towards him and forcibly attempting to rip the laptop from him. Jeff's eyes widened at his actions trying to keep a tight grip on the laptop, "No, no, no, no, wait," he pleaded.

The Doctor dismisses him taking the laptop, "It's fine. Give it here."

"Hang on!" Jeff yelled, a flush of embarrassment creeping onto his cheeks.

Delilah and the Doctor sat at the head of the bed with Jeff behind them looking over their shoulders anxiously. Opening the laptop, the Doctor stares wide eyed at the screen but before Delilah could see anything he covers her eyes, "Not for you darling."

The Doctor turns around to Jeff and whispers, "Blimey. Get a girlfriend, Jeff," while exiting out of the open tabs. When Delilah was finally able to look at the laptop, only the home screen blared back at her. She looked at the Doctor in confusion to which his only reply was a shake of his head.

Jeff looks towards Delilah with hopeful eyes at his comment and a little smirk played on his lips. Delilah scooted closer to the Doctor their legs touching, discomfort flowing out of her. The Doctor saw this and put his arm in front of Delilah across her lap, hand lying next to her. He looked into Jeff's eyes a possessive glint shining through, "No! Not her. Never her. Don't even think about it." Jeff's eyes widened at his hostility while Delilah looked at him thankful but mainly shocked. She could see his tense stature and predatory look and took a hold of his hand. The Doctor's eyes snapped to hers and instantly calmed. Giving her hand a squeeze and a thankful smile, he released her hold, took a deep breath, and continued with his work.

Before Jeff could comment Mrs. Angelo entered the room."Gran," Jeff said relieved.

Mrs. Angelo ignored him and smiled at Delilah giving her a nod of acknowledgement before addressing the Doctor, "What are you doing?"

The Doctor looked up giving a cheeky smile, "The sun's gone wibbly, so right now, somewhere out there, there's going to be a big old video conference call, " he looked back down to the laptop and continued his work, "All the experts in the world panicking at once, and do you know what they need? Me. Ah, and here they all are. All the big boys. NASA, Jodrell Bank, Tokyo Space Centre, Patrick Moore."