♠️ Chapter Nineteen: Oxygen Factory ♠️

~~~

A/N Delilah Mae's outfit is as detailed in Chapter Fifteen.

~~~

The shot rang through the Byzantium, echoing loudly. Delilah jumped as high as she could, her eyes clamped shut wanting nothing more than to be above ground. But just as quick as she jumped, she was already stumbling onto the ground. Her knees bent slightly to withhold the downward force of her body. Her arms flailed out to distribute her centre of gravity as she fluttered her eyes open trying to regain focus. She felt hands gripping hers and slowly wander to her shoulders and then neck. Her eyes settled on the Doctor who was holding her closely, looking her up and down.

"Please tell me we won't have to do that again," Delilah groaned softly.

The Doctor smiled down at the girl and huffed out a small laugh, "Maybe." He kissed her softly on the forehead before pulling back and holding her hand. His eyes scanned the area, checking over the Clerics.

"Up. Look up."

Collective groans and grumbles were heard throughout the tunnel as everyone struggled to get to their feet.

Amy grumbled lightly as she lifted her hand to her head. She winced softly catching the attention of River and Delilah.

Delilah reached out towards her friend as River knelt beside Amy, helping her up, "Are you okay?"

Instead of answering, Amy questioned River, "What happened?"

"We jumped."

Amy looked around confused, her eyebrows furrowed, and lips pursed, "Jumped where?"

"Up. Up. Look up," the Doctor emphasised.

Amy's eyes wandered the surroundings, "Where are we?" She turned her gaze to Delilah, only receiving a small shrug in response. Delilah too, did not entirely know where they were.

"Exactly where we were," River answered.

Amy pursed her lips, "No we're not." Her eyes shone with disbelief as she side stepped onto a steel circular hatch.

The Doctor squeezed Delilah's hand before leaving her side. He wandered around the area hastily scanning with his sonic screwdriver before stopping next to Amy, "Move your feet." He knelt beside her as he scanned the circular hatch.

Delilah slowly crept forward to the hatch, watching the Doctor at work. She stood quietly, finding no need to talk. Amy, however, was becoming increasingly impatient, "Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain," she demanded.

The Doctor sighed heavily as he stood. "Oh, come on, Amy, think. The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah?" He spoke almost mockingly, "So what else is still on?"

Delilah frowned slightly, she looked to the floor and then around her. She tilted her head above her and gasped. She stumbled slightly causing the Doctor to hold onto the crevasse at her elbow. Her eyes bugged out, quite comically looking as she cupped her gapping mouth. The Angels. They all stood above them reaching out.

"The artificial gravity," the Doctor continued, "One good jump, and up we fell." The Doctor jumped as they all had done previously. "Shot out the grav globe to give us an updraft, and here we are."

"Doctor," Octavian called, "the statues. They look more like Angels now." His gaze directed onto the Angels with his rifle aimed at the ready.

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army." He let go of Delilah as he knelt beside her and continued to sonic the circular hatch - opening it.