♠️ Chapter Twenty: Bye Bye Radio ♠️

~~~

Delilah Mae's outfit is as detailed in Chapter Fifteen

~~~

Delilah stopped; her heart contracted as she felt the Doctor's fear. But it came as quickly as it went. Her lungs couldn't bring themselves to work leaving her body feeling lethargic.

"River," she murmured to the woman beside her, "We need to go back. The Doctor, he's in trouble." Delilah held a fisted hand against her chest, rubbing the pain inside.

"We can't," River responded reaching to take a hold of the girl who seemed unable to stand, "We can't go back." His soulmate whimpered lightly in response, her head aching tremendously as the world faded around them. "Look we can stay, here. We can wait for him."

River slowly guided the girl to the forest floor. Her skin damp from the sweat encasing her, she shivered on and off feeling waves of cold and warmth, eyes fluttered slowly as she curled up into herself.

"Doctor Song," Octavian addressed River, "We need to keep moving."

River rolled her eyes at Octavian as she smoothed out Delilah's hair, hoping to bring comfort. She turned her gaze around to Octavian, "We don't leave. We wait."

River glanced behind Octavian and saw Amy, stumbling, her footing losing stability on the forest floor. She stood from her position and walked over to her noticing how her breathing was like Delilah's, low and short, "Amy?" She gripped onto her upper arms, "Amy, what's wrong?"

~~~

The Doctor could feel the Angel's grip tighten on his jacket, "Why am I not dead then?" He turned in its grip, noticing how the Angels were reaching for the crack.

"Good, and not so good," he muttered lowly, "Oh, this isn't even a little bit good. I mean, is that it? Is that the power that brought you here?" He shifted his body trying to move from his jacket. "That's pure Time Energy. You can't feed on that. That's now power, that's the fire at the end of the universe. I'll tell you something else."

The Doctor removed himself from the jacket, leaving it behind and ran into the forest, "Never let me talk!" He ran fast, he could feel Delilah. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

~~~

"Amy, what's wrong?" River asked her eyes concerned. Delilah watched her friend in worry, but her own body failed her when she tried to stand.

Amy's form swayed lightly, her eyes wide and teeth gritted against each other. "Four," she stumbled out. Amy let out a long breath and sat down on the fallen tree trunk.

Delilah, however, didn't have the same reaction. Delilah's breaths increased at an alarming rate; her eyes wide in terror as she pushed herself further against the tree. Everyone, every single person was an Angel. Delilah didn't want to be here. She wanted to leave. She could feel a panic attack coming forth.

"A Miss Roux," a Cleric, Marco, nearby addressed Delilah noticing her state, "Are you alright?"

Delilah jumped at the man's voice, but it didn't help, all she could see was Angels. Her eyes remained open hoping to stop them from moving. Her head shifted violently between the troops, Amy, and River, or what she thought... Angels. Her throat constricted as she pinched harshly at her inner wrist. She let out a small whimper as Marco advanced towards her, constantly pushing herself back trying to maintain her mind from the paranoia of reality.

Marco furrowed his eyebrows at Delilah, but stopped moving forward, "Doctor Song," he called to River. "There is something bothering Miss Roux."

River changed her focus from Amy to Delilah, watching as the young girl tried to hide herself from the world.