Chapter - three

New Friends

It's been about a week ever since I got caught sneaking into the BAU floor without Penelope's boss knowing. Ever since he found out, I've been allowed to go up on the days they don't have cases. It feels good not having to be so secretive about it. 

Right now I'm walking into the building. Pen texted me earlier saying that they don't have a case today and that she wants to introduce me to the rest of her team. So far I've only met Morgan and Hotch. Well, I guess you could say I've met Dr.Reid but we haven't said any words to each other, not even a hello.

I make a straight line to Penelope's office to only find her empty chair. I text her that I'm here and not even 20 seconds later she responds by telling me she's in the bullpen and asks me to come. I take a deep breath and straighten out my outfit before walking over to her. She was in conversation with morgan of which both of their faces had smiles on them.

"Elora!" Pen squeals before coming over to me and giving me a hug. "I've missed you! It's so good to see you." I tell her as we pull away. "Haven't missed me?" Morgan askes walking over to us and giving me a side hug. " oh Derek, I would say I did but you didn't even visit last time I was here. You know before your guys' boss caught me." I replied with a chuckle. "Hotch finally caught you, huh?" he askes eyeing both Garcia and me. "Yeah, but I still here so," I shrugged.

"Who's this?" a dark-haired woman asked, accompanied by a blonde woman.

Emily and JJ. I thought

"This is my best friend," Penelope said turning to me. "Hi, I'm Elora-Mae but everyone calls me Elora," I said holding out my hand for them to shake. "Emily Prentiss." I turn to the blonde and shake her hand. "Jennifer but everyone calls me JJ. it's nice to meet you." Emily nods in agreement. "It's nice to meet you two, also," I say.

"Looks like a party over here, what's going on?" an older Italian man says walking over. When he reaches us I hold out my hand for him to shake "Hi, I'm Elora, Penelope's friend." "David Rossi, nice to meet you." "likewise."

"You know, she's British," Morgan says shortly after. We all just look at him in a 'did you really just say that?' way. "what? They could have missed it." "I doubt my British accent would let me get away with that," I say and we all break into a laugh.

"What's so funny?" says a voice. I turn to see Dr. Reid with a slightly confused look on his face. "Morgan thought we would miss that Elora is from England even though she obviously has an accent," Emily says which initiates another set of laughter. 

"Elora-" Reid says under his breath as if he was examining my name. "It's greek," he says. I nod my head looking down for a second. "Yeah, it is. It means-" I start but Reid beat me to it. "Sunray" I look up at him and I swear I saw its lips twitch up a little but it must've been my imagination. "Yeah," I say softly, my eyes still locked on Reids.

All of a sudden I hear a stern voice commanding the team to get into the conference room. I looked up and saw it was agent Hotchner as he walked in himself. I turn to Penelope as she has a confused look well. She tells me I can wait in her office and that they probably got an emergency case. I make my way to her lair and fall into one of the chairs. 

I don't know what to do until Penelope gets back. I pull out my cell and check the apps that I barely use. I'm, not one for leaving a digital footprint so even though I have social media I rarely use them. I never wanted to post something I would regret later because I'm told multiple times that once something is out there, you cant take it back. I hear that a lot from Pen and also from work.

After I left England when I was 19 I got a job for a big company as a coder in DC. I obviously couldn't live there because of the crazy prices so I decided to just commute from Quantico, where I found an affordable apartment. My family is still in Europe and I miss them like crazy. 

They always encouraged me to do good things for people so I volunteer helping families of victims whenever I can, and that's where I met the wonderful Penelope Garcia. Even though both jobs are computer-based, I don't use my skills to help save people's lives like her. Though I wish I could.

Penelope rushed into the room quickly and went straight for her computers. She was super focused and typing ferociously. "Penelope, is everything alright?" "Sweet motherboard! Elora, you almost scared me half to death!" she yelled, jumping slightly at my voice. "Sorry pen, I guess you forgot I was in here," I said pulling my chair towards her. 

I looked at her monitors and at what she was pulling up. She told me they had an emergency case. "I should probably go then," I said getting up. Before I grabbed my bag and walked out, Penelope reached over and stopped me. "I think I might need your help on this one."