Chapter - five

Getting a New Life

"Garcia, pull a record of women coders recently fired from Ramon industries, going as far back as 3 weeks ago," Hotch tells pen. After I explained why the unsub was a woman they all agreed saying that it made sense. Penelope pulled out a list of women who I used to work with. There were just 3 on the list but I remember them all. I can't believe one of these 3 women could be the unsub.

"Okay, there are only three names on the list. I could run it against the profile to see if I can narrow it down even more."Garcia said.

As she was talking I took a good look at all of them trying to remember if I knew anything.

"Wait Penelope, she's the unsub," I said pointing to Allison Summers.

"What happened Garcia?" Hotch asked.

"Elora just told me that Allison Summers was the unsub. I cross-checked her with the profile and the profile fits."

"Wilson, how did you know?"

"I remember Allison was always a kind person, but a week before she was fired she got back from a couple of personal days and just wasn't the same. When she got back she was not as kind as she used to be. Her eyes were red and puffy like she'd been crying. She dressed in dark clothing, and I guess her work slipped up. That wasn't the thing that concerned me most though. Right after she got fired, she had to get escorted out of my boss' office with security. More like dragged out though. She was also yelling saying 'you're going to pay, all of you are going to pay'. I haven't seen her ever since."

"Sounds like Allison is our unsub."

-----------------------------

Allison was caught red-handed. She was found finishing up all the preparations for the attack that was supposed to happen the next day. She was locked up and the team was heading back here now. Penelope and I met them in the bullpen.

"Congratulations on catching the unsub," I said as they walked towards Pen and I.

"We couldn't have done it without you, sunray," Derek said as he pulled me into a side hug.

"Yes, you could've," I said.

We all stayed there chatting a little before they had to get to their after case paperwork. Right as I was about to leave since my job there was done I heard Agent Hotchner calling me into his office. I turned to Penelope and gave her a slightly panicked look. She simply just gave me a smile with two thumbs up in which I returned with a confused look. 

I made my way cautiously to his office. When I entered he asked me to close the door behind me. I got nervous again but pushed it aside as I sat down in the chair across from his desk.

He closed the file he was working on then looked at me. "I appreciate the work you've put forth on this case. It was voluntary and you didn't have to do it but you did. Thank you."

So far so good.

"It really not a problem. I'm not going to lie it was really cool helping the FBI and also helping people in general," I say and he smiles. I doubt anyone sees him smile on the regular, especially since he takes his job very seriously. I return the smile. I thought that was all, but as I was going to say goodbye he continues to talk.

"I would like to offer you a job at the BAU." at first I didn't think I heard him correctly but as he continued talking I realize I did.

"The help you gave during the last case shows that you have a passion for helping people. The job I'm offering is a profiler job, but from time to time you would stay here and work with Garcia. I'm going to warn you now, most of your time would be on the job. You would also be putting your life on the line at times, but if you are interested the job is yours." I really wasn't expecting this. He took notice of my confused state and slid a card across the desk.

"You don't have to decide now, it's a big decision. Here's my card, call me when you have an answer," he says and I place his card in my bag. I stood up and shook his extended hand.

"Thank you, sir," I said then walked out of his office. When I opened the door the team's eyes all made their way over to me. I guess they all caught on to the fact that we were in there longer than a 'thank you' would've taken. 

I averted my eyes from all of them and made my way over to Penelope who had a smile plastered on her face. She knew what hotch and I were talking about and the fact that she knew was written all over her face. As I approached her and Derek, I lock eyes with her so she knows I'm going to bother her later about not telling me.

"What was that all about?" Derek asks, motioning to Hotch's office. I break eye contact with Penelope and turn to him. "Your boss just offered me a job," I said. The words coming out of my mouth felt strange and foreign. I had the same job for the last 8 years of my life, so changing it for something completely different scared me out of my mind.

I was pulled back into reality by Penelope squealing and tightly hugging me. I laughed and hugged her back.

"So am I looking at a new agent?" Derek asked also giving me a hug.

"well I haven't given him an answer yet, but... you could be," I replied, with a chuckle.

"So?" Emily asks walking over with JJ, causing me to look over at them"what are you going to say?"

"Are all profilers super noisy?" I ask causing everyone to laugh. Penelope answered with a 'yes' then asked me the same question, if I was going to say yes or no to the job.

I sighed then looked down. "I still have to think about it, it's a drastic career change." when I looked up everyone was nodding in understandment. I decided it was probably time for me to go, and I bid my goodbyes to the group.

As the elevator doors were closing I heard some say "hold the elevator!" at almost the last second I slid my hand between the closing door, and then they reopened. I saw Dr.Reid succuring from the glass doors over into the elevator.

"Going down?" I asked when the doors closed, he nodded his head. I pressed the lobby button and stood there in the silence before Reid broke it.

"I- I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard that Hotch offered you a job."

"Yeah, he did but I haven't given him my answer yet. I've been working at my current job for the last 8 years, and personally, I don't like change very much."

"Change isn't always bad," he said. I looked over at him and we made eye contact for a few seconds before I averted my eyes and fixed them at the door of the elevator. "Yeah," I said, "I guess so."

----------------------------------------

I got to my apartment not long after. The fact that I got offered a job for the BAU wouldn't leave my head no matter how hard I tried. I decided right then and there I was going to decide. After extensive research about the job and talking with Penelope, I came to my decision. I decided I would take the job. 

I've always wanted to help people and this is a perfect opportunity. I called hotch and he explained the job in more detail. This was my last chance out, but I didn't. I told him I would take the job. Luckily for me, I already had a degree in phycology so I don't have to go back to school. I did however have to go to an FBI academy for the next 4 months. 

Hotch explained to me that my apartment would be waiting for me when I got back so I didn't have to worry about it. He told me that I should start the academy as soon as possible and I agreed. We set up a date and time of when I would go and we ended the call, leaving me to go pack because after tomorrow I'm starting a whole new chapter of my life.