Chapter - six

FBI Agent

4 months later

I got back to Quantico a few hours ago. After 4 months at the academy, I'm excited to sleep in my bed again. My first day at the BAU is tomorrow. Attending the academy showed me that I really did want this job. My parents couldn't be more proud, and my brother couldn't be more jealous. My parents already told all their friends that their daughter is an FBI agent, which wasn't true because I was still at the academy at that time. 

I was proud of myself too. I've come along way in 4 months and I'm not the same person anymore. Before I was super shy and quiet but now I was way more confident in myself. The academy brought that out of me, they said FBI agents had to be confident otherwise their jobs couldn't be done.

When I got home I decided I needed to change my appearance a little so I went out to the mall and bought some new clothing for work. I also decided to get a haircut while I was there. I chopped my upper back length black hair up to my shoulders. 

I got home and decided to relax for the rest of the day before starting a new stressful job in the morning. I did my favorite things like taking a bath, watching some movies, cooking dinner, and organizing my stuff. When night time came, I laid my outfit out for the morning, I was going to wear grey dress pants, a dark green button-up, and black flats. I crawled into my bed for the first time in months and went to sleep. When I wake up tomorrow, I'll be SSA Elora-Mae Elizabeth Wilson, an FBI profiler for the BAU.

----------

"Where is she?" I heard Penelope's voice ask loudly down in the bullpen. I laughed lightly and turned my attention back to Agent Hotchner. "Looks like someone missed you," he said, sliding over my badge and gun. "Sounds like it." I nodded and stood.

"It's nice to finally have you on the team," he said as he extended his hand for a shake.

"Thank you, Agent Hotchner, it's a pleasure to be here," I responded.

"You can call me Hotch," he corrected with a slight smile.

"Of course, thank you Hotch," I said then walked out of his office.

"Elora-Mae Elizabeth Wilson!" Pen said rushing over to me as I walked down the steps.

"Penelope Grace Garcia!" I said as we hugged each other. "I've missed you soo much!" she said, squeezing all the air out of me.

"Woah, baby girl let her breath," Derek said chuckling as he made his way over to us.

She let go of me and I caught my breath.

"How are you, sunray?" Derek asked, also giving me a hug.

"I'm good. I'm really good." I answered.

"Well you look good," he said looking me up and down. Penelope smacked his chest and I scoffed.

"You do know I am legally authorized to carry a gun now, right?"

"Are you saying you'll shoot me?" Derek asked amused.

"Yes, I might be." the three of us broke into laughter as Rossi, Emily, and JJ approached us. "Elora!" Emily said pulling me into a hug, JJ following then Rossi.

"It nice to finally have you here, kid," Rossi said.

"Kid?"

"Don't worry your not the first person he's called 'kid', " Penelope said which caused a peal of laughter to escape from everyone in the group. "Speaking of, where's Boy Wonder?"

At first, I was confused about who she was talking about, then I remember Garcia using the nickname before. Referring Boy Wonder to Reid. As if on cue, Reid walked into the bullpen hearing his nickname, and walked over to the group.

"Right here," he says as he approached us, sipping on his coffee. "What's going on?"

"We were just explaining to Elora that she isn't the first person Rossi has called 'kid'."

That's when he noticed me standing there. Like I said earlier, I'm the type of person who stays quiet and you wouldn't realize was standing right in front of you. But I'm not that person anymore.

"It's nice to see you again, Dr.Reid," I said giving him a slight smile, I remember he's not one for any form of contact, so I stayed put.

"Oh- today's your first day, I guess I forgot. Well, welcome to the team."

isn't he capable of not forgetting anything?

"thank you." To be honest, what Reid said about change not always being bad helped me a lot. His words had a lot of impact on my decision, whether he knows it or not.

After chit-chatting for a little, JJ gave me a tour of the BAU and then escorted me to my desk. My desk is right smack in front of Reids and the way I sit allows me to look right at him. Whenever I look up, I see his side profile and honestly, I'm not complaining.

What a nice view. No, stop you can't think like that! He's your co-worker.

When I finished up some paperwork I decided to take a small break and visit Penelope.

"Hey pen," I say entering the room and sitting down.

"Hey, sugar plum, how's your day so far?"

"So far so good. Everyones being super nice. I also like where my desk is, cause it's like right in the middle of everything." Lie

"That or cause it facing Reid?" he asked, her gossip face plastered on.

"Why would I like it cause it faces Reid?"

"Cause you like him."

"I do not like Reid." Lie again

"C'mon, I wouldn't be your best friend if I couldn't tell who you liked."

"Penelope, I do not like Reid, he's my co-worker. And even if I did, which I don't, why should I? He forgot today was my first day, a guy who literally can't forget anything."

"Of course he didn't forget, other than me, and hotch he's the only one who knew the exact day you were coming back."

"Either way he's still my co-worker." at least this was true.

"Dating between co-workers aren't prohibited."

"I don't want to date him!" I said defensively. Then we hear a knock coming from the door. Both Pen I quickly look at who's at the door. I was praying it wasn't who walked into Pen's office last time this way while I was here, but I guess I should've prayed harder.

"Dr. Reid," I said half shocked and half in resentment. "How much have you heard?"

"Not much," he said, but the way he was standing, it showed he was uncomfortable in this situation. "Hotch sent me to get you, we have a case."

Golly, this is going to be weird.