Chapter - twelve

Thoughts

"Okay, Morgan and JJ, head to the latest crime scene. Rossi and Prentiss, to the M.E. Reid and Wilson, head to the station and work on victimology." Hotch ordered once we landed. 

Honestly, I'm not surprised, Spencer and I always get paired up since we work well together. Although I really was hoping that I would get paired up with someone else this one time.

"Want me to drive?" Spencer asked once we've separated from the group.

"Only if we want to reach the station tomorrow," I chuckled.

"I don't drive that slow," Spencer said defensively as he went to the passenger side of the black SUV.

"Oh, but you do," I remarked before we got in and headed to the station.

--------------------------------

When we arrived at the station we headed into the room they set up for us, with a board and case files. I walked over to the coffee machine and made a fresh pot.

"You want some?" I asked Spencer once the machine had stopped brewing.

"Uh- yeah. Thanks," he said walking over to get his cup of coffee. We stood there for a little, sipping on our coffees.

"Hey, are you okay?" Spencer asked breaking the silence that we were in.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Your just... not your usual self, I guess. And maybe its caus-"

"I'm fine, really. Let's just... get started," I said walking over to the table that held the case files that had all the information we know so far.

An hour or so later, the rest of the team finally came back. I'm not sure I would've been able to continue to be alone with Spencer in the awkward silence that was created when I walked away from the conversation earlier. 

The rest of the case was like that, no conversating with Spencer unless necessary for the case. We finished the case, caught the unsub, and saved his latest victim. And now it's 1 am and we just got into the office. 

We all still had paperwork to do, so by the time I finished mine half the team had gone home already. I got up from my desk and went into Hotch's office to hand on the paperwork and bid him goodbye then gathered my stuff and walked out of the building.

As I walked to my car I noticed a person standing near it, as I got closer I realized that the tall lanky figure was Spencer.

"Hey, Elora. Could you maybe drop me off? I realized when I left that I came in with you and it's too late to take the train." he asked as I approached.

"Yeah, of course. Get in," I said unlocking the door.

"Thanks," he said stepping into the car.

After a 15-minute silent car ride, we reached his apartment.

"Thanks again, Elora."

"No Problem, goodnight." 

He smiled and turned to open the door but then he stopped and faced me.

"Are you sure your okay?" he asked. I gave him a confused look.

"It's just... You've been acting different ever since that day. I'm sorry I pushed you, I probably shouldn't have I'm sorry." he added on.

"It's not that," I said simply. Hoping that it would end the conversation.

"Then what is it?" he asked.

"Ever since that day, I've just been thinking. I guess I just got all caught up in my head," I answered. Not wanting to go into more details, but knowing spencer, he kept asking.

"Thinking about what?"

There's no point in stalling any longer

"What would have happened if one of us were brave enough to admit our feelings back then."