Chapter - nine

Unexpected Company

I was awoken in the morning by a feeling of extreme nausea. I jumped out of bed and ran into my bathroom. 

I knew I shouldn't have gone out

I stumble into the kitchen after my puke session and walk over to the coffee pot. I was about to make myself a cup but then had the idea of treating myself at my favorite cafe. I got dressed in a pair of leggings, a white shirt, and a striped cardigan. 

I grabbed my tote bag and tossed in everything I needed considering I have to walk to get my car. I also wanted to sit in the cafe for a little so I placed a book in my bag. I put on my shoes then walked out the door. I decided to stop at the cafe first since I haven't had any caffeine yet. I ordered my drink and took a seat at an empty table. I opened my book and started reading.

"Elora?" I looked up from my book to see who called my name.

"Spencer? What are you doing here?" I asked shocked to see my coworker on our day off.

"I always come here when we don't have work, its a nice place to-"

"Read," we both said at the same time.

"I've been coming here for the last 5 years and I've never run into you. I guess we had really opposite work schedules then," I commented and he chuckled agreeing.

"I should go order, um- d-do you want anything?" he asked. I shook my head immediately.

"No, I'm alright. Thank you."

"I-i owe you, after not bailing you out of going out yesterday."

"Ooh yeah." I chuckled. "Okay fine, but next ones on me," I said getting up and walking to the line with spencer.

Next one? Really Elora? *mental facepalm*

We got our drinks and walked back to the table I was previously sitting at. I cleared my stuff off of one side of the table.

"Here, you can sit... if you want." I offered, placing things back into my bag.

"Thanks." spencer said sitting down.

He pulled out a book of his own and started reading. I kinda watched him read for a little, the way his eyes moved so fast and how he flipped the page every minute. While I was watching he must've felt my stare and he looked up.
"W-what is it?" he asked.

Shoot

"It just... Fazes me how you can read that fast. Hearing about it and seeing it is different."

He chuckled before going back to his book. I opened mine back up and pretended to read but I was really mentally beating myself up for getting caught staring at him.

----------------------------------------

After about 20 minutes and two empty cups of coffee later, I decided I had to go get my car before it got towed away. I started putting my book away and stood up to put on my cardigan.

"Leaving?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah, I have to go get my car. I just hope it hasn't gotten towed already."

"Do y-you want me to g-go with you?" a smile formed on my lips while my back was turned towards him. 

Stop Elora! You're coworkers!

"Umm only if you want," I answered turning around and picking up my bag, only to see him getting up and picking up his satchel.

"I want to," he said with a small smile.

"Okay," I said smiling back.

My car was about a 15-minute walk from the cafe. We talked as we walked but fell into a comfortable silence. It was early fall so the leaves on the trees were changing colors, and it looked so beautiful. I took a deep breath, taking in the scenery.

"You okay?" spencer asked.

"Yeah, I just love fall."

"I do too." I turned to him and he was smiling slightly. I smiled back, and we picked up another conversation. He occasionally spit out random facts, starting with fall. I always appreciated Spencer's random facts and rants, I know the team did too even though they cut him off.

"And that why- sorry I'm rambling," he said, cutting himself off.

"No it's fine, I like it when you talk... Knowledge."

"Knowledge?" he asked which caused both of us to laugh at what I said.

I actually really like his laugh.

I turned to him with a big smile on my face. "Yep, knowledge."

"Thanks, your actually one of the only people on the team who don't cut me off."

"I know they cut you off but that doesn't mean they don't appreciate you. We couldn't do so much of what we do without Dr.Spencer Reid."

He nodded "it's just hard to remember that sometimes," he said. I felt my heart just shatter for him right then and there.

"Yeah... well for as much as it means, I appreciate you and I won't cut you off."

"I-it means a lot, actually. Thank you," he said looking over to me. I gave him a quick side hug. I know he's not one for contact but it felt okay in this situation.

"No problem Spencer, just find me whenever you need to hear those words again. I said offering him a smile.

A few minutes later we arrived at the club parking lot where I left my car the previous night.

"Thank goodness it's still here," I muttered to myself as we approached my car.

"I should get going," Spencer said from behind me.

"No, spencer. I- I can drop you off."

"No, it's okay."

"No, honestly it's absolutely no problem."

"You sure?"

I chuckled "yes I'm sure, now come on, get in the car."

----------------------------------

"Thanks again, Elora," Spencer said once we were outside of his apartment complex.

"And again it's really no problem."

"See you tomorrow."

"Bye spencer."

----------------------------------------

mood board