Chapter - seven

Second First Case

"Two teenage girls have been reported missing this past week then found in different alleyways 5 miles away from where they were abducted," Garcia said. This is my first case with the BAU, well my first case where I'm an actual agent. The case is in colorado.

"A third victim has been abducted late last night." she continued.

"And that's why we're leaving soon. We have three days to find her. Wheels up in 30." Hotch said.

We collect our files and head out of the room. I go to my car and grab the bag of clothing I was told to bring with me in case we had a case. I walked back into the bullpen and sat my stuff at my desk which Penelope is sitting at conversating with JJ.

"Ready for your first case?"

"As ready as I'll ever be, though I slightly feel as if this were my second. I guess I get two first cases" JJ and pen both chuckle at my comment and leave to get themselves situated before it was time to head to the airstrip.

-------------------------------

Wow. this is so nice, I could get used to this.

I admire how nice the private jet is as I walk in. I grab a seat in the corner and start re-reading the file. During the flight, we all gathered and discussed the case some more.

"It says that all three girls are from different schools but maybe they did something together at one place after. Maybe a sport at a recreational center cause they're all active." I said. If I'm going to be part of the team I should contribute my thoughts, the ones that sound good at least.

"That would make sense on how the unsub found them." Derek agreed.

---------------------------------------

We arrived at the police station and went into the room that was set up for us. "Okay, Rossi and JJ, go interview the victims. Morgan, Emily, and I will go to the crime scenes. Reid and Wilson, stay here and work on victimology." Hotch ordered and it was followed by nods of heads. Soon everyone except for Reid and I left the room. 

Just awesome.

Reid got up and started putting information up on the board. 

Might as well make myself useful.

I got up and started helping Reid put stuff on the board in the room. As we were working I decided to break the suffocating silence.

"Sorry thank you got stuck with the newbie." I apologize for something that I couldn't control.

"It's no problem. I don't mind, at all," he said giving me a tight-lipped smile.

I could get used to that smile. Stop. Focus!

I returned the smile and we continue to work, bouncing ideas off each other. The others return and we all shared what we've discovered. Before we knew it was late and Hotch ordered us to get to the hotel and get some rest. We had to be back at the precinct at 8 am sharp.

-------------------------------------

When I get to my room I change into some comfy clothing and call Penelope. We talk on the phone for about half an hour, but in the middle of our conversation, I hear a knock on my door. I tell Garcia to hold for a moment then answer the door, super surprised to see Reid standing outside.

"Dr. Reid, what are you doing here?" I ask slightly confused.

"Sorry I don't mean to bother you, but I wanted to say something about what happened in Garcia's office earlier." he started

oh lord.

"I don't mean to overstep, but morgan is a good guy. He can be annoying from time to time, but he's a good guy."

"I'm not following," he took notice of my confused state and continued.

"When Garcia said dating between co-workers isn't prohibited, I'm assuming you guys were talking about morgan," he said, giving me a questioning look.

Oh, thank goodness.

"Oh, um- we, uh-  Well, thank you, and goodnight." I stuttered then closed the door mentally and physically facepalming myself.

I plopped back onto my bed and picked up the phone which had Penelope waiting on the other side.

"Garcia you know I'll always love you, but right now I'm kinda hating you."