Clean

Abbie and jay sat on either end of the couch and Tyler sat on the floor playing fifa. "How you liking intelligence?" Jay said with a smile. She smiled back, "yeah, it's great" she approved. Jay nodded and watched Tyler play his games. "He's a double of you" jay said quietly while smiling at Tyler. Abbie laughed, "everyone says that" she smiled at her brother. They made conversation about adult stuff for an hour or so, "I better get going, I'll see you a work" jay said while finishing his beer and checking his watch. Abbie nodded and got up along with jay, she followed him to the door, "see you tomorrow" she shouted as he got in his car. She closed the door and smiled to herself, he could've just waited until tomorrow to give her the bag but he came to her house which gave her butterflies.

"He likes you" Tyler said while knocking off his play station. Abbie shot him a dirty look, "shut up" she smiled at him. "Oh so you like him too?" Tyler put words into her mouth to annoy her. She chased him half way across the living room but he ran to his room laughing to himself, "night" he shouted from his room. "Night" she shouted as she made her way to her room.

Early in the morning it was a Saturday so Tyler was still sleeping while Abbie made her way into the kitchen to eat Breakfast before work.

           She saw the cookies Tyler and her had made yesterday so she grabbed two of those and ate them before leaving Tyler a note then heading out for work

She saw the cookies Tyler and her had made yesterday so she grabbed two of those and ate them before leaving Tyler a note then heading out for work. When she arrived to work jay flashed her a smile, she smiled back then went to her desk. "Latin players...3 male victims being treated in med. looks like another gang war" hank sighed and placed some things onto the board. They all nodded and began digging for leads, "hey Miller there's a woman downstairs waiting for you" trudy said as she appeared at the top of the stairs. The unit looked at Abbie as she got up and left. She followed trudy downstairs, "she's in there" trudy said while pointing to an office next to them.

"Thanks Sarge" Abbie said as she realised who was in the room. "Mom?" Abbie said in a slightly annoyed tone as she closed the door behind her. "I'm sorry sweetie" her mother said in a whine. Abbie grabbed her moms sleeves and rolled them up, she sighed when she saw the injection sights on her arm, "mom...I though you were doing better?" She said sadly. Her mother let a tear fall, "I know I know, and I was but then, then I met my boyfriend..." she explained. Abbies face dropped, "another boyfriend? Mom come on..." she said knowing she was only using him for drugs. Her mother looked down, "I know but I really want you and Tyler to meet this one, he's called Chris and he's lovely" she blabbed on.

"Where's Miller?" Hank said as he came out into the bullpen. Jay looked around at everyone then answered, "she had to go take care of something..." he said curiously. Hank nodded, "go find her we've got a lead" hank said to jay. Jay nodded and headed downstairs, he immediately saw Abbie with a woman in the office. He wanted to interrupt but he let them talk for a while longer, the case could wait since it looked pretty important.

"Mom, you've gotta get clean. If not for yourself then Tyler..." she sighed. Her mom looked up at her, "I'm gonna try, I promise. But will you two please just meet him?" She begged her daughter. Abbie sighed and threw her head back as she let go of her mothers arms, "fine, but you've gotta get clean. I mean it..." Abbie said with a tear in her eye. The only time she cried was when it came to family.

Jay stood watching the interaction for a minute but then realised he had to split it up, he walked over to the door and knocked before opening it. "We've got a lead, hank needs us" jay said while smiling at both women in the room. Abbie smiled at him then turned to her mother, "just take this and go home get a cab or something, please" Abbie said while pulling out a $10 bill and giving it to her mom. She gave her mom a quick arm grab and left with jay. "Who was that?" Jay said nosily, Abbie smiled at him, "my mom..." she sighed. Jay shot her a confused glance, "I'll explain later..." she shook her head and the pair wandered into the bullpen. "Everything okay?" Hank said as they walked over to the team. Abbie nodded, "yeah Sarge" She said unconvincingly.

Hank nodded and let it slide, "we've got the next target, 1 hour and there'll be bullets flying everywhere if we don't bust em" he said before everyone nodded slowly. "Suit up" he added. Everyone ran downstairs and suited up before grabbing their guns, they separated and went to the location, "Atwater Miller wait for my order, stay high" Hank said over the radio. "Copy that" Abbie replied back before Kevin and herself got out of the car and headed over to a building, they ran upstairs and got onto the roof. They took position and looked through their snipers, Abbie was a pro at this but she hadn't been able to show it yet.

Hailey and jay were hid behind a garbage truck that had been parked up and they took watch on the low side, "we got eyes Sarge, they're moving west" hailey said into the radio. Hank looked out to the gang of men who were moving closer to the park full of kids, there were four men. "Miller Atwater get ready to take a shot if you've it, hold fire for now" hank said sternly. Both of them looked down the eye piece and caught eyes, "we got the shots Sarge" Kevin said into his radio. There four men so that meant to each, hank paused for a second and decided they needed to do it. "Take em" hank sighed into his radio. There was a pause for a second before all four men dropped one at a time, Kevin and Abbie looked at each other and fist pumped each other before getting up and leaving to meet the unit.

The partners wandered over to the rest of the unit who were stood around the four men, "two bulls eyes..." Adam said in shock. Hank looked over at Abbie and Kevin, "don't look at me, as much as I'd love to say I got it bang on, it weren't me..." Kevin said sure of himself. Hank looked at Abbie and smiled, "ballistics will soon reveal who did it..." Adam added. The team smiled at each other and jay looked at Abbie even though she wasn't looking at him. Her smile was perfect and the way her hair fell down by her neck...