Nothing we can do

"What happened?" Hank said with his arms out as he walked over to his newest detective. Abbie sighed, "my moms new boyfriend clocked me over my head then stole my purse but we don't need to worry about that there's nothing useful in it" she explained. Hank nodded at the idea, "why would he do that?" Hank asked clearly still confused. Abbie smiled weakly, "my moms an addict. I met Chris, her new boyfriend, last night. He seems controlling so he obviously set me and my mom up to get my money but jokes on him" she scoffed. Hank nodded, "are you okay?" Hank frowned. She nodded her head slowly, "yeah I'm fine" she approved.

"You dealt with this before?" Hank asked more personally, she looked around at everyone then sighed. "Yeah, many times before. There's nothing we can do, he has my purse it's fine. My mom will run back to him, so we just gotta leave it. Besides they're in the wind..." she rolled her eyes. Hank sighed, "we can get Chris locked up you know, there are things we can do" he said with a serious tone. Abbie nodded, "yeah I know it's just..." she started but then stopped herself, she went to explain her mom's situation but that felt too personal so she stopped. Hank looked at her worriedly while waiting for her to finish. Abbie thought for a few seconds, she remembered Tyler and how much she loved him, "no you're right, lock his ass up" she corrected herself.

Hank nodded, "you heard her" he said before pulling Abbie aside. "Is there anything else I need to know, anyone else at risk?" He said with a caring arm pat. Abbie smiled weakly, "just my 15 year old brother but he should be safe, he's at school so hopefully we'll find chris and my mom before he can get to him" she sighed. Hank smiled and let her join the team who were making a timeline. "Okay so we've got a list of possible dealers in the area, they bound to have gone to one of them" Kim said with a sad smile at Abbie. Abbie nodded, "yeah my mom usually sticks with the same one so it shouldn't be hard to find him" she helped them. Jay could see her confusion but at the same time she still had her sassy attitude and eagerness to help.

The team worked through what they had and finally found the dealer, "she's made twelve transactions previously to this account, this is definitely our guy" Adam shedded some light onto the situation. Abbie felt her blood boil, she knew getting away from drugs was hard but her mother had promised every time it was the last time, look how that turned out. "Suit up" hank said. He pulled Abbie to the side, "I don't want you being near him when we pop him so just wait in the van" he ordered her before letting her go gear up. Abbie nodded understandingly and left to join the team. "Wait for my order" hank said as they left to go to their vehicles. Abbie got in the back of the van with jay as hailey drove, when they arrived to the location they all jumped out apart from Abbie and questioned the dealer. Just like frightened dealers do, he talked, "they just left they took a right on 109th street. I gave you the info so I'm free right?" He sighed. Hank scoffed and nodded before the team followed up on the info.

"We got eyes Sarge" hailey said as she tailgated the blue Nissan Chris was driving. "Block him off" hank said to Adam and Kim as he sped off around the corner. Chris came to a halt when he realised he was surrounded by cop cars, "get out of the vehicle with your hands up" jay shouted to both abbies mom and chris. Defeatedly they both got out of the car and raised their hands, they were arrested and taken back to the station. When Abbie got out of the van she saw that a patrol officer was stood with her car, "here you go" he said while handing her the keys. She smiled and took them from him, she unlocked the car door and grabbed her phone, gun and badge before locking it and following jay into the station.

"They're ready for interrogation..." jay said with a sad smile, Abbie grabbed his shoulder and smiled back before walking into the viewing room to watch her mom. Hank and Adam took a run at Chris while jay and hailey talked to abbies mom. "So he set you up? Made you watch him rob your own daughter?" Hailey sighed. The mom looked sad, "yeah, I wanted to help but, but he had to get to the drugs so I couldn't" she made an excuse up. Abbie shook her head and scoffed, she loved her mom even if it was just the tiniest bit but standing by while her boyfriend beat Abbie up was something she could hate her for. "Am I free to go? Where's Abbie?" The mom jumped at jay. "She's safe, we gotta check out Chris' story, just sit tight..." jay sighed as he got up with hailey to leave. Jay walked into the viewing room to see Abbie stood with her arms crossed, "you okay?" he said sweetly. Abbie nodded, "I'm alright". She looked at the floor, "can I see her?" She said pleadingly, jay smiled weakly at her, "I don't see why not" he approved.

Abbie grabbed jays shoulder thankfully and walked into the interrogation room, she had to leave the door open ever so slightly since she wasn't meant to be in there alone but it was her mother and they all bent the rules when it came to family. "Abbie baby, I'm so sorry" her mom said while reaching for abbies head. Abbie pulled her head back and sat behind her on the metal bench, she couldn't even look at her mom in the eyes. "I'm gonna get better, I promise. I can take Tyler back then..." she whined. Abbie huffed, "he's staying with me, even if you get better mom" she ended the debate. Her mother pulled a face, "but I'm his mother" she raised her voice. Abbie pulled the the chair out from next to her and sat down on it quickly, she turned to face her mother with tears in her eyes, "you were my mother too..." Abbie raised her voice. Her mother stared at her back as tears fell down her face, Abbie also let the tears fall down her face. She rarely cried but her mother had took it too far for her not too, "I'm sorry baby, I know I failed you but you know I love you, and I'm gonna get better I promise..." her mother spat out lies.

Abbie shook her head and got up, "I can't trust you anymore, you've had too many chances" she said while walking to the door. "Wait honey, please" her mom cried out. Abbie stopped at the door but didn't turn around to face her, "I'm sorry mom" she sighed as she walked out of the door. Abbie wiped away the tears and walked away but she was stopped by jay, "Abbie..." he said while gently grabbing her arm. Abbie looked up at him, "sorry you had to hear that" she smiled at him. Jay shook his head, "don't be sorry" he said while pulling her into a quick hug. The pair were so close, even if they had only known each other a few days, they had a connection.