How could you?

"His story lines up" hank said which caught their attentions. Abbie and jay followed hank into the bullpen, "the only problem is, you're mom had dope in her car so we gotta pop her for possession" Adam added. Everyone turned to look at Abbie sadly, "yeah, just get it over with..." Abbie sighed. Hank pulled her over to the side, "you needing to reach your brother, tell him what's going on?" He said kindly. Abbie nodded remembering her brother would be at home by now, "oh god yeah, he's gonna be heartbroken" she sighed while rubbing her head. Hank smiled sadly, "get a patrol car to pick him up, you can tell him here" he said with a smile. Abbie nodded then left to go tell trudy.

"Hey sarge can you send a patrol officer to pick up my brother and fetch him here?" She sighed. Trudy smiled sadly and nodded, she had already been told the news. "Thanks Sarge, just buzz him up when he gets here" she sighed before walking back over to the stairs. Trudy smiled and watched her leave before sending a cop car over to her house.

"Tyler Miller?" One of the officers said as he answered the door. Tyler looked at them in confusion, "yeah? Am I being arrested or something?" He said in worry. They both laughed, "no no, we just gotta take you down to the district. You're sister needs you" they reassured him. Tyler nodded and grabbed his jacket, he locked the door and followed the officers over to their car. When he arrived at the station trudy greeted him, "hey she's upstairs, head on up" she said while pointing to the stairs. Tyler smiled and nodded before worryingly walking up the stairs.

Abbie was sat at her desk waiting and the rest of the unit were sorting everything out, "Abbie what's going on?" Tyler said as he walked into the bullpen with his arms out. Abbie smiled sadly and stood up, "come on" she said while walking to the break room. The unit smiled at them as they walked into the break room and closed the door, "what happened to you?" He said while touching the cut on her head. She shook her head, "just work don't worry" she brushed him off before she sat down opposite him. He was looking at her with fear in his eyes, "you know how mom got with Chris right?" She started, he nodded his head, "well she got into some trouble with him this morning, we've found drugs in her car and we have no other choice but to arrest her for possession" she finished.

Tyler stood up in shock with tears in his eyes, Abbie stood up also and the pair caught the attention of the team who were now looking at them. "How could you?" He raised his voice with tears in his eyes. Abbie looked at him full of sorry, "ty..." she started with a sad smile. Tyler went to walk away from her but Abbie grabbed his arms and turned him back around, "she's our mom..." he shouted while punching abbies chest in attempts to get away. Abbie let a tear fall and she kept a hold of Tyler who eventually calmed down and hugged her, "I know, I know. But we have no choice ty, it's the law" she reasoned with him. Tyler kept a hold of his sister tightly, "where is she?" He muffled out from his cries. Abbie hugged him tightly back and they moved side to side slightly, the rest of the unit were all looking at the pair in pity. Jay felt a lump in his throat. "She's here but you can't see her, not like this ty" she said while pulling him away, Tyler looked up at her with tear stained cheeks and nodded understandingly.

"You're gonna stay here until we can go home okay?" She said while sitting him down on the couch. She wiped away his tears and handed him a bottle of water from the fridge, "okay..." he sighed and threw his head back on the couch. Abbie smiled at him sadly then turned to leave. She looked back at him with pity and closed the door, she faced the team who were staring at her, "all good?" Hank said while placing a hand on abbies shoulder. Abbie smiled weakly, "yeah" she sighed before sitting back down at her desk. Jay stared at Abbie for the rest of the shift, they were arresting her mother and Abbie seemed to just go with it. "Alright guys head out" hank said while smiling at Abbie. They all nodded and stood up, Abbie went to go get Tyler and they walked downstairs and out to her car. "We're not gonna see her again are we?" Tyler said while looking out of the window. Abbie pulled up outside their house, "probably not for a while ty" she sighed as they hopped out and made their way into the house.

Tyler was playing on his play station and Abbie was sat with a cup on whiskey at the kitchen island. She heard a knock at the door so she got up and walked over to answer whoever it was, her socks sliding against the wooden floor. She opened the door and saw jay, "jay, come in" she said while moving back with the door. She was happy to see some nice company, he smiled at her and walked in, "figured you might need this" he said while holding out a box of chocolates. Abbie smiled and laughed before leading him over to the kitchen, jay placed the box onto the counter and Abbie poured him a glass of whiskey. "How you doing? How's Tyler doing?" Jay said normally since Tyler had his head set on so he wouldn't hear them. Abbie smiled and looked back at her brother, "I'm good, Tyler seems to have gotten over it but I don't know. Teenagers are hard to figure out" she smiled. Jay laughed and took a sip of his drink.

"She's either gonna get herself killed, get clean or she'll relapse as soon as she gets out..." Abbie sighed. Jay took her hand, "she'll be fine, at least she won't be using while she's in there" he reassured her. Abbie smiled at him, "yeah you're right" she said with a understanding nod. Abbie grabbed the box of chocolates and lead jay over to the couch, they sat either side of Tyler since he was playing a game. "Ty stop being ignorant" Abbie said while nudging his arm with her leg, Tyler scoffed and hit her with the pillow. Jay laughed at the two fighting, "it's fine, I'd beat him at it any day" he said with smirk. Tyler shot his head at jay and raised an eyebrow, "oh yeah?" He scoffed at jay while standing up. Jay nodded his head while smiling at Abbie, "come on then" Tyler said while handing jay a controller and sitting back down on the couch.

"What did i say?" Jay said cockily as he won the game. Tyler shot his head at jay, "okay then tough guy" he joked back. Abbie nudged his arm again but jay laughed and put the controller on the coffee table. Tyler smacked abbies leg so Abbie pushed him off the couch. Jay snickered at the pair so Tyler grabbed abbies leg and yanked her to the floor, Abbie was a lot stronger than her brother so she laughed and pinned him to the floor. "Fine okay you win god" Tyler said as Abbie tightened her grip. Abbie smiled at jay then got up to join him on the couch again, Tyler stood up and and pulled a face at her. "You two might as well just get a room together already" Tyler scoffed as he ran away. Abbie threw a pillow at him but he dodged it, "sorry about him" she sighed while laughing at jay. Jay smiled back, "don't worry about it" he laughed.

The pair watched a film and got to know each other a bit more before jay left and let her get some rest.