Bullseye

"Alright head out guys, see you tomorrow" hank said with a smile while looking at the clock, 8:30pm. The team all went to leave but Adam stopped them, "hey ballistics came back, sorry Kev but it weren't you. Nice shots Abbie..." he said with a smile. Abbie laughed and shook it off, after 5 years in swat something good came out of it. Abbie looked at jay remembering she owed him a story time but jay was already looking at her. "Over drinks?" Abbie said with a screwed up face. Jay nodded, "I'll meet you at my place" she smiled before leaving to her own car.

When she got home jay arrived just after her so they walked into her house together, they walked in to see Tyler and a teenage girl sat playing a card game. "Hey ty, hey skylar" she smiled at them. Jay looked confused at who the girl was, "hey" they both said back. Abbie looked at jay and smiled, "how about you two go upstairs..." Abbie said while putting her keys on the counter. Tyler looked shocked, "you're letting us go upstairs? Alone?" He said with a raised eyebrow. Abbie laughed slightly, "yeah, go on" she said with a smile. Tyler turned back around to face his sister when he got to the bottom of the stairs, "door shut?" He said hopefully. Abbie scoffed, "don't push your luck, keep the door open" she said back seriously. He sighed in defeat and the two kids went upstairs, Abbie turned to look at jay. "His girlfriend" she said with an eye roll. Jay smiled, "don't trust him?" He joked. Abbie looked at him with a smile, "we were all kids once, we know how that goes, I don't trust him one bit" she laughed back.

Jay smiled and nodded, Abbie got out two beers from the fridge and gave him one. "That was my mom today, she's uh, she's an addict..." she explained while rubbing her finger around the top of her bottle. Jay looked shocked, "oh god, I'm so sorry" he said with sympathy. Abbie turned to check that her brother couldn't hear then carried on explaining, she shrugged her shoulder with a small smile. "Yeah, our dad died in war, everything was fine until he left for his fourth tour and he never came back. She turned to drugs and I got a job in swat, she couldn't even look after herself never mind Tyler so I made him move in with me when I got the house" she explained the back story. Jay looked at her in pity, "sounds like he was a good man" jay smiled sadly. Abbie looked down, "yeah he was..." she looked up at him. "So how long you been living together?" Jay said while carrying the conversation on. Abbie smiled, "5 years" she said proudly. "He was only 10, I felt awful for taking him away from her but I couldn't really think of a better option..." she shrugged her shoulders. Jay smiled, "you did the right thing" he reassured her decision.

She smiled and moved the topic on, "she's been on and off drugs for the whole 5 years, she's had more boyfriends than me. Most of them were only for drugs, some were abusive and didn't turn out too good..." she smiled weakly at him. Jay nodded and just listened to her, "she came by today to tell me about her new boyfriend, and that she's using again after 4 months of being clean" she sighed. Jay raised his eyebrows, "god, you've been through a lot" he said in disbelief. Such a badass woman going through all that trauma, no wonder she was tough. She smiled and nodded, "yeah well that's life" she joked.

"She wants us to meet the boyfriend, this ones called Chris" she added while taking a big sip. Jay looked at her worriedly, "what're you gonna do?" He enquired. She shook her head, "I have no choice, we're gonna have to meet him. If we don't she'll never get clean, that's how it's always been" she explained with a frown. Jay nodded and understood, "I hear you" he reassured her. "I don't know how to tell Tyler though, he's only known what I've told him in the past. I don't want him seeing our mom the way I see her, you know finding her overdosed on her bathroom floor and that stuff..." she furrowed her brows. Jay nodded, "so you're taking him with you?" Jay cleared up. She smiled unsurprisingly and nodded. "Well I'll be here if you need a hand with anything" jay said with a smile. Abbie smiled widely back at him, "thanks, it means a lot" she said while placing a hand on his shoulder.

Jay stayed for a while and they talked about themselves, they got to know each other. It was around 11:00pm when he left and skylar left not long after that. Jay and Abbie had only known each other for two days, just like the rest of the unit and herself but to Abbie she felt like she had known jay for her whole life. She headed to bed and so did Tyler...