The Solution

You stood in front of the mirror, and though the dress you wore was absolutely beautiful, you couldn't focus on anything other than the fact that your heart was pounding so hard you thought it'd burst out of your ribcage and the sour feeling that rolled around in your stomach.

You weren't too sure that you wouldn't throw up. It was still a possibility at this point.

Hands rested on your shoulders, and you glanced into the reflection the mirror cast to see Taehyung standing behind you, handsome features pulled into an odd expression-a mixture of breathlessness and sympathy.

"You okay?" He asked gently, and his voice-if possible-sounded deeper with the hushed tones of the words. His eyes flicked over the length of your body in the mirror, taking in the way the dress hugged your curves.

You were sure he noticed the way you tried to hide the shaking of your fingers by burying them in the folds of the expensive cream fabric.

"Yeah." You nodded, not a very convincing gesture, and swallowed hard, hopin the trembling in your voice wasn't overpowering. "I don't know how else to be." You offered the man behind you the hint of a grimace that was supposed to pass as a smile.

"I know it won't help anything-" Taehyung ran his fingers over your bare shoulders and up the skin to the base of your neck, where he played with the loose hairs there for a moment, before meeting your gaze once more, and giving you a slight grin. "But you look really beautiful."

You felt a breath of air leave your lips, almost an attempt at a laugh, though your heart still felt extremely heavy where it fluttered beneath the wall of your chest. "Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself."

You took the moment of silence to study the man in the mirror-the way his suit jacket fell perfectly over broad shoulders, how his button down shirt accentuated the muscles of his chest, the gelled, somewhat contained mess of his usually unruly dark curls-and then you heaved in a deep breath.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." The words caught at the end of your sentence, and you felt the burn of tears appear obnoxiously out of nowhere in the back of your throat.

"I know." Taehyung came around to stand in front of you then, his fingers intertwining with your own, and this time, you didn't even make an attempt to hide the trembling, as his dark, caramel irises bore into your own. "But I promise you, sweetheart, this is the very best thing for Leo."

You thought you saw him wince as he said Leo's name.

You felt the same stab of pain in your heart that had flitted briefly across Taehyung's serious features.

"I know." You repeated his statement, and felt a tear drip down your cheek and fall onto the front of the dress. "But it still doesn't stop me from questioning the decision."

"I will be there with you-" Taehyung stepped toward you, and pulled you into an embrace, your face buried in the crook of his neck. He smelled warm and woodsy and altogether comforting, and you allowed your fingers to curl into the material of his jacket at the small of his back. "Every step of the way."

You stood like that for several long, silent moments, just the two of you, and then you felt Taehyung press a kiss to your forehead, before he pulled back from you and offered you a gentle hint of a smile.

"Everyone is already downstairs." He held his hand out to you, and you glanced down at the long fingers, splayed in your direction. "Are you ready?"

You took in a deep, calming breath, and placed your fingers into his own.

"No." You answered truthfully, as he nodded, respecting your honesty, and pulled you from the bedroom and toward the stairs.