The Mother

"Okay, so what you're telling me is this-" Solar paused mid sentence to toss you your small overnight bag, which held all of your toiletries and other essentials, before she glanced back at the mirror and continued to blot at her shockingly red lipstick. "You're nervous for the dinner tomorrow, but not even a little bit apprehensive about the overnight tonight?"

"Yes." You stated back resolutely, shrugging slightly, as you tucked the last few things you needed into your purse, before glancing over at her, though she still wasn't looking at you, having moved on to leveling her eyeliner. "Is that weird?"

"No." Hobi quipped back just as firmly, glancing up from scrolling through tinder, to quirk his newly dyed blonde eyebrow in your direction. "It's not weird. Because this is your job and the dinner with the doctor's parents is personal. Makes perfect sense to me." He shrugged, full lips quirking into the beginnings of a heart shape smirked. "I'd be a mess if I were you, darling."

"That's not helpful." You shot him a glare, pointing with your phone in his direction.

"Leave it to escorts to be worried about the stupidest things." Solar commented, finally standing up from her mirror to meet your gaze. "We're severely messed up people." She slid a foot into her heel and grinned at you. "Can sleep with anyone, no problem, but when we're asked to be the least bit vulnerable in our personal lives, we all lose our shit."

"Cheers." You held up your phone once more in her direction as a salute, before you reached for your overnight bag and let out a sigh as you glanced around the room. "Okay. Anything else-" You stopped your own words, and your eyes went wide as you darted to the closet. "Shit, I almost forgot an outfit. Help me pick."

You pulled out two pieces of expensive lingerie and held them up as both Solar and Hobi swept their discerning gazes over each critically.

"Well?" You asked in exasperation, antsy, ready to get the night over with, so you could spend the whole day tomorrow worrying yourself to death over the dinner with Taehyung and his parents.

"Go red." Hobi stated confidently, flicking a hot pink fingernail in the direction of the second outfit.

Solar nodded. "I've never had a customer disappointed in red."

"Hey, I taught you that." You teased back, sticking your tongue out at her and shoving the red lingerie into the top of your bag.

She shot you a sly smile and blew you a kiss as she dropped down onto the bed beside Hobi and pulled out her phone. "See you tomorrow, babe." She stared you down firmly. "Don't worry too much tonight. You have all day to drive yourself crazy when you get back."

"Thanks." You replied sarcastically, before you waved goodbye to both of them and headed for the waiting car downstairs.

The ride was silent and uneventful, and you were not surprised when the driver turned the car in the direction of downtown, because most rich businessmen who traveled from out of town and needed a night of distraction-married or not-always stayed in the upper end hotels on the eastside of LA.

It was the swankiest and most discreet location after all.

Thanking the driver as he pulled up to the doors, you exited the company vehicle and nodding pleasantly to the doorman-who you knew from previous encounters here-headed straight for the front desk.

"Hi." You greeted the girl who sat behind the computer-she wasn't the usual host-with a bright smile and glanced across the lobby to the elevator as you said casually, "I should have been left a key? For room 405."

The girl offered you the hint of a smile and checked a few things on her computer screen, before she reached across and handed you a slim hotel key, slid into a fashionable, high end envelope. "Yes of course. The gentleman checked in about an hour ago and said he'd leave this for you when you arrived." Her dark eyes were slightly curious-probably wondering what your relation to said man was-but she didn't ask, instead offering you another smile, before she bowed her head and said politely, "We hope you enjoy your stay."