3|🛹

Langa was a light sleeper and would wake up at any sudden noise. Reki was a messy sleeper and would sleep through anything, along with taking up the whole bed. It was Reki so Langa didn't mind get kicked a few times. Maybe even having the air knocked out of him. Hell he felt breathless just looking at Reki.

Around 4am he heard his mom come home. He wanted to make sure she was doing okay so he slowly slid out of the grasp of the red heads arm and made his way downstairs. This was normal. His mom always had some obscure schedule, having to quit her job to find another one with more manageable hours. Job hopping sucked. For both of them.

"Hey mom" Langa turned in the kitchen light. "Oh hey Hun, did I wake you? I'm sorry" his mom was clearly exhausted and wanted to get to bed so Langa didn't keep her to long. "No, are you hungry?"

"I ate on the way home, Thank you dear"

Langa smiled and nodded. "You should get some sleep"

"Good idea"

"Oh and mom, Reki is sleeping over. Sorry I didn't ask first. I didn't want to interrupt your job" Langa apologized as his mom gave him a forehead kiss. "No need to apologize, I'm glad your making friends. Good night" she waved and made her way to her room.

Langa made his way back upstairs quietly and went back to his bed. He took a few moments to look at Reki in the soft moonlight. He smiled to himself, brushing a few strands of Rekis red hair away from his face and behind his ear. Soon enough he started to fall asleep.

-

"Langa.."

Reki shook the blue haired boys shoulders gently, trying to wake him up. "Langaaa"

Langa grumbled as he slowly started to wake up. "What is it? Did you have a bad dream or something?" He muttered, his throat dry and his eyes still closed. He heard his best friend laugh, which was easily the greatest thing to hear right when he woke up. "No, It's morning and I want to hang out" Reki smiled widely as Langa started sitting up. "Would you like some breakfast?" he offered moving some hair out of his face. "Yes please! Your cooking is the best!"

Langa smiled even more at that and slid out of his bed. "Okay then let's go" He led Reki downstairs and into the kitchen. "We have to be quiet though. My mom got home super late last night so she's still sleeping." Reki nodded and sat up on the counter to watch Langa. He swung his feet and followed Langa with his eyes. He was so focused on making breakfast.

Reki sat quietly admiring his friend. "Langa, you're very pretty" he blurted out, still keeping his voice down. OH MY FUCKING GOD REKI YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME YOU DID NOT- hes gonna kill me.

Lang looked up from what he was doing and stared at Reki with disbelief. "What? It's the truth." he mumbled, looking away from Langa with embarrassment. Might as well keep going i guess.

"...thank you reki" he went back to making breakfast, what was that about? Should I say something back? Ah why are my hands shaking- Langa glanced back up at Reki, who was looking down at his swinging feet. "..um..you're very attractive yourself Reki"

The red head smiled and pulled his head band down in embarrassment. "Thank you" he mumbled back in return, silent screaming to himself. LANGA STOP DONT DO THAT TO MY POOR HEART

-

Langa finished up cooking and started to turn the oven off and got some plates. Langa remembered hearing Reki say his favorite breakfast food were pancakes. It's pretty simple so it wasn't that hard for Langa to forget. Plus, he doesn't forget a single thing Reki says. Even when he's geeking out about skateboarding. Sure, some things get lost in the small language barrier but whatever Reki said was perfect.

"Langa." Reki pushed himself off the counter. Reki was fed up with his feelings. He was tired of the tightness in his chest and the butterflies he felt. He just wanted too...

"Yeah? What is it?" Langa turned to face the other. Reki caught him off guard and closed the gap between their lips, somewhat standing on his toes. The blue haired boys eyes widened, he quickly pulled away and out his Reki's grasp. Reki kinda just stood there, he was surprised himself that he actually went through with that.

They stood in awkward silence for a few minutes, Langa was getting done processing what had just happened. "Re-" "I'm sorry"

"Reki"

"I should've asked first"

"Reki!" Langa grabbed his shoulders. He hesitated, looking at the boys bright amber eyes.

"Langa, I'm sorry"

Langa shook his head. He hated hearing him apologize. He didn't do anything wrong. Say something Langa. You idiot say something-- Langa was searching for words but had none, he couldn't form a proper sentence even if he wanted too.

So instead of using his braincells and calming himself down to form some type of reassurance, he moved his hands from Rekis shoulders to his cheeks. He felt the red head slowly lean his head into the touch. Was this good enough? No.

Langa made up his mind and decided that returning the kiss would keep Reki from feeling bad. He wasn't just doing it for Reki, he loved Reki more than Skateboarding, snowboarding. Reki, Reki, his name always came up in his mind. No matter what he was thinking or doing Reki was there.

"Woah something smells good. Did you make breakfast for me Langa? How swe-..oop" Langas mom came out of her room the the kitchen and found the two. She let out a small giggle before heading back. "I'll leave you two at it~" She always had a gut feeling those two would end up a thing, so she wasnt surprised.

Both of them pulled away quickly and turned away from eachother. Langa stuttered over his words to try and explain to his mother but she had already saw everything. He rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh. He took a deep breath and turned back towards Reki, whos face was covered by his hand. That happened, he kissed me back- is that okay? What does this mean?!

The two were both paranoid and didn't know what to say or how to react.

They shared one brain cell.

-

Write at a reasonable time and maybe actually create something good and not so wordy: No 😡🔪

Write at 12-3am and end up creating a mess that makes no sense and is probably super cringy but too tired to re-read and realize how stupid it sounds: Yes 😚💕

Anyways, we love a story that moves fast 🙄✋

I can't wait for the next episode- it needs to be Saturday now.