CHAPTER 20

Duncan was laid on his back on the bed in the hospital room. He passed out in Ezra's arms right after they spoke. He was brought to the pack hospital where the doctor was ready to perform his tasks. After an entire body examination and tests, it was concluded that he had no serious injuries on the outside except his neck, which retained deep scars on it. The silver that pertained in the leash harmed his skin way too intensely.

Talking about Arion, he was hurt more than Duncan as he stood up to take whatever the abductors offered and kept Duncan at bay. He was weaker in his senses now and was advised extreme rest. This means Duncan would not be going on runs for a time being. Any excessive physical activity was denied.

As of now, Duncan was still unconscious, his body took a toll on things after escaping the blast last night. No exact time was declared but only the word "soon" was used about him being responsive again.

You need rest, Ezra.

"I know, in the same way, he needs me"

Silver didn't really know what to say so he chose to stay silent. Only Ezra remained back with Duncan while everyone else including Easton went back to their places after spending the whole day near the beta.  It was now past 10 in the night and Duncan was still not up.

It did worry Ezra but Silver kept on reporting the mate presence and strength he felt. Like said before, Silver did need to share Arion's strength from time to time and vice versa, but it wasn't possible in these circumstances. So all he has to do is be strong and healthy for both of them. Only if Ezra can do that.

"You know Silver" Ezra broke the silence between them. The room was still quiet, they been talking to each other inside.

Hm?

"I was always in love with Duncan" he stated stroking Duncan's hair.

"He used to be around often. Hanging out with Easton, flirting with my mother, playing with Elias and Elena. And with me?" He let out a chuckle.

"He used to bring me chocolates daily because I would never talk to him. I was always buried inside books to even spare him a glance but he never skipped getting me the chocolate"

But, you...

"Yeah, I don't like chocolate and he still has no idea about it because he bought me chocolates for a whole year"

Both of them laugh together at typical Duncan foolishness.

"I used to dislike him in the beginning but I didn't even know when I started to wait for his chocolates. I stayed past my sleeping time to watch him play football with my brother. I started to unusually laugh when he cracked a stupid joke. I started liking him"

A lovely smile makes its way on Ezra's lips remembering the days. "But, then he turned eighteen and everything just changed. He stopped getting me chocolates, he stopped seeing me altogether. He avoided me like plague, he stopped hanging out with brother in the house. It was pure torture"

But, why?

"Because he found out that I was his mate and he promised brother that he wouldn't lay a finger on me"  Ezra shakes his head side to side. "My innocent idiot mate"

That is so Duncan.

"Hmm... Silver, can I ask you something?"

Yes?

"How was Arion in the earlier days?"

The question altogether put off Silver. There remained soundless for more than a minute which gave Ezra his answer that Silver will still not respond to this question.