CHAPTER 47

"Me. I will go"

"No, you aren't going anywhere" Easton interrupts.

"Easton-"

"NO!" the older alpha's voice boom through the empty shelter they were in. Samael stayed in his place watching the pair lose their temper.

"Listen to me-"

"I said no, Blake. You are not going anywhere" the alpha kept his stand firm, not hearing any of his mate's excuses. His anxiety was kicking in just to think what if he loses Blake again? And what if Blake doesn't come back? What if this, what if that. "No" he denied again.

Blake could feel the uneasiness through their bond yet his overflowing emotions took the best of him. "Easton-"

"No!"

"WHY THE FUCK NO?!?" if Easton's voice was louder earlier, Blake's was enough I shake the walls of the house. It took both the alpha mate as well his brother by surprise. Both of them knew Blake enough to say- "he could never get serious". But, the one in front of them had his eyes glowing piercing blue, his breath coming in halts, and low growls been heard at the back of his throat.

"WHY THE HELL NOT, EASTON?" he repeats, his voice still loud. "I don't like it when you tell me what to do. I understand you are worried about me but there is always a limit! Have you ever thought that your "mate" is also an alpha wolf?

That I also have the same pride and ego as yours? That I also have this urge to protect what's mine just like you? THAT I SO FUCKING WANT TO PROTECT "OUR" PACK!

Have you never thought about it?" the words that left the younger alpha's mouth stunned the older one. He opened his mouth to reply and yet no words came out of them. Blake just stared at his mate for an answer and when anxiousness and distress spread through their bond, he felt everything of that. He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Without sparing one more glance at his mate, he turned on his heels and looked at his copy.

"What's the plan?"

Samael nods, feeling awkward to be caught in his twin's marital fight, and with the look on Easton's face, it was indeed their "first" marital fight. He glances at the older alpha, who was in his own world with his mind all mush from the overwhelming reaction, he was still not over the fact that his little mate got mad at him. 

Samael takes a huge puff of breath and resumes his talk. "Christian is a very clever man. He might have already known my intentions of not attacking you, thus he made a move himself" Blake just stares at his twin to continue.

"Like I already said Christopher is locked in there and judging from the attack earlier he freed a lot of supernaturals for the fight. That might have either cost him losing all those people or drugging them in.

Since I, the only warlock that did his hypnotic works back then, wasn't beside him he must have got down on the battlefield himself"

"You mean he knows the spells and stuff?" Easton questions, bringing himself back to the serious mood of the room. There was an unbearable distance between the mates as they stood at least three feet away from each other.

Blake was still triggered and Easton could not bring himself out of the deep pit called "guilt". He knew eighty out hundred percent of whatever banter Blake just delivered made sense or maybe all of it did. So, the older alpha felt a bit guilty or maybe more than a bit.

However, neither of them made a move to talk.

"He is capable of them but not to an extreme level. I have seen huge books of sorcery and magic in his library. Plus-" the warlock goes silent all of a sudden, his mind remembering things it shouldn't.