Chapter 2

"No, I am fine."

"Still not over your fear?"

"No, I been trying to, but it doesn't seem to go away."

"It must have been a surprise seeing us here."

"It was aunt terry, it was even more surprising to see a dustbin on fire."

"Sorry about that, I tried cooking, and things went sideways pretty quick."

"Why didn't you tell me you are coming? I knew someone was coming."

"I asked Jessie to keep it a secret. I knew what you would have said if you knew we were coming."

"We? He came as well?"

"Yes he did, I asked him to."

Rose put her head in her hands, "Where's Ellen?"

"I sent her home, I thought it's best to keep things to ourselves."

"And him?"

"In the Bathroom. I know what you are gonna say but please give him another chance, it's been six years, SIX, I just want things to go back to how they used to be."

"It will not Aunt Terry, after everything that has happened, he will not change," Rose looked at Ares as he enters the living room and starts watching TV, "And god knows what else he might do."

"I know rose, but -"

"There's no discussion is there? You and Mom have already decided this."

"I am sorry, but things are different now -"

"They are not Aunt Terry, they will never be, he been here before we tried this before, it will not work."

"Well in that case, I promise, that if he doesn't change after 2 days, just 2 days, you won't see him ever again."

"2 days? Dad doesn't know about this then?"

"He would not have agreed to this, that's why we are doing this before he comes back."

"2 days, that's it right?"

"Just 2 days."

"You are staying as well right?"

"I wish I could, but life sucks right. Guess I should go, have fun."

"Can't, mom doubled my homework."

"That's so evil of her."

"I kinda brought that upon myself, so I can't really blame her."

"So you guys done talking? Guess nobody wants me to know," Ares said.

"Don't pretend you have not been listening to us this entire time," Rose said.

"I haven't, so why don't you guys tell me how exactly you are planning to sell that lie to me?"

"It's not a lie, it was not her fault, Sarah did that, and even then it was an accident, nothing more. Leave it be and stop blaming her already."

"Is that what two of you have been telling each other, 'SAraH DiD it, it wAs An aCciDEnT.'"

"Ares! Stop this."

"Why Mom? Why can't you ever see her fault? What she has done!"

"Because it isn't my fault!"

"Shut up bitch!"

"ARES! Apologize to her!"

"For what? For figuring out the truth? For seeing her for who she is? Fine then, sorry for knowing what you done, Sorry for seeing past your façade you Psycho Bitch."

"Enough with this already!" Terry said as she slapped Ares on his right cheek.

"I changed my mind, take him away Aunt terry, I don't think I can live for 2 days with him."

"Why? Not ready to face the truth? Can't see a Victim of your actions in front of you? What else can you expect from a murderer?"

"Why don't you go back, the program is about to start," Terry said.

Ares went back to the TV after giving Rose a mocking smile.

"What did I tell you?"

"2 days, please, Jessie and I already planned how to convince him. Just give us bit of time. I will see you guys soon then. Bye."

"Bye."

"Bye Mom."

"I don't know what you are planning, but you won't be able to hide the truth for long," Ares said after his mom left.

Ignoring him, Rose went upstairs.

'My part is done, it's all up to you now,' Terry thinks as she goes back to her home.

It was night now, around 8, Jessie got home quite a while ago and just finished preparing dinner. It was around 8:23 when the dinner was served, Jessie sat on the side of the table, while rose sat right next her, Ares, right in front of Rose.

Today for dinner was Spicy Caramelized Chicken, Caramelized steak, with apple sauce, these were one Rose's favorite dishes, Jessie made them just to get Rose in a better mood because she knew how would she feel after meeting Ares.

She would have told her about Ares, but Terry only told her she is coming, not when, so even Jessie was surprised upon their sudden arrival.

Silence filed the house as no one talked during dinner, the mood was, too tense, it's not like Jessie and Rose really minded, they just wanted to not get in another argument until whatever Terry has planned, happens.

As they were about to finish Rose asked, "When exactly dad is coming?"

"Tomorrow night, or the next morning, speaking of which did you finished your homework."

"I did, it was very hard to get it done without Ernie or Ellen's help."

"Ernie and Ellen? What you have sworn to only befriend someone whose name start with E? Speaking of which, I thought you would be a loner, did they not know the truth? Or are they like you as well..?"

"Don't you dare say anything about my friends."

"Else what? Gonna burn me?"

'God why did I spoke?'

"No, I won't, I don't burn people."

"Changing methods hei, tell me, what is the trending method of killing? Is it eating people? Because I have been seeing a lot of those on News these days."

"Can you just eat Ares, without making a fuss?" Jessie asked, Rose sat silently ignoring Ares again.

"Sorry Aunt J, I was just trying to connect with her, and what is the best way to connect with someone if not by taking interest in what she and her friends do."

Rose looked at Ares and his mocking smile, "Don't think about it, your father is already very mad, I don't want to throw oil in fire."

Rose nodded, "What? C'mon tell me I wanna know! Both of you are thinking of killing me ah, is that it?"

"That's is, I am calling Ter –" Before Jessie could say further, before she could stand, she fall back on the floor.

"Mom!" Rose got up, but before she could have done anything, she fell on the ground as well.

Shewas bit conscious, but as she was fainting out she saw Ares falling to groundas well, as well as a man pulling her mother towards the front door, Rosewanted to move, 'Not again,' she thought, but her body had already given up,and with that she lost her conscious