Chapter 3

2015

"Still awake?"

Rose nodded.

"Is it the same dream?" Rose nodded again.

Jessie climbed the bed and laid right next to her, "Don't worry I am here ok."

"mom, is ares telling the truth, did I really –"

"no sweetheart, ofcource not."

"Then why do I have these dreams? Why does he keep blaming me?"

"You see dear, what you went through that day, it was too scary for you, and remember what happened when you watched that really scary movie? You kept seeing that monster for days. That what scary things does, do you know the best way to not be scared?"

Rose nodded no.

"Don't worry, I will teach you tomorrow, after that, you won't be scared of anything anymore."

"Is that why Ares blames me? Because he's scared and don't know how to deal with it?"

"Yes that's right, now go to sleep, mumma is here, and I will not let anything happen to you."

The next day, Thomas, he though he insisted to stay, left for work after Jessie convinced him to.

"Where are we going?" Rose asked as Jessie started the car. "Didn't I tell you? Today I am gonna teach you how to be braver, and for that we need to go to a special place."

Jessie kept driving north until they reached the forest of Veneno. It was a small forest, stretching for 3Km West and North from the middle, while East and South were only 1.7Km. It would have been a great place for camping and such, if not for the abundance of poisonous plants that is found here, making it a great place for illegal activities.

"Do not touch or eat anything, it will kill you."

Rose, who was scared, was troubled by the thought of why her mother brought her hear, or what she planned to do next.

After walking for a while they came across a small cottage, "We are here."

They get inside, the room was clean, but filled as it can be, there were couple of chairs, a table, a small fridge and lights connected to couple of car batteries connected to the solar panel outside, and a door leading down.

"Don't be scared, I am here, everything will be fine."

They went down the stairs, there was another door there, the cables from upstairs came down as well, Jessie put the key in and opened the door.

"Mom?"

"Come here...Today after today nothing will scare you anymore."