Chapter 6

Now

"Mom?Mom! Mom wake up! MOM!" Rose yelled, she didn't cared if that thing heard her, because of the grief that surrounded her, had already overtook her mind.

She didn't wanted to believe, she didn't wanted to accept that her mother is dead, because of her.

"Shut up or that thing will come back!" Ares said as he closed Rose's mouth.

After the lights came back, Ares found himself in the side of the room, 'Medic' it said on the front but when looked inside one can clearly say that it hadn't been touched for a long time. Inside it had only 3 beds which were made, few equipment's filled with dust, and no sign of anyone ever entering.

When he looked out he saw Nate, Rose and Jessie Fighting, so he decided to stay inside for a while and escape when he get a chance, there was an elevator right in front of him, but it was locked, he needed some sort of keycard, since he didn't had any, his best bet was to explore, and hopefully find another exit.

But before he got any chance to move, Nate and Jessie were killed.

"Silent!" He whispered.

Rose trembled, scratched him and bit his hand until he let go of her, she punched him aside and went back to her mother's body.

'Well, looks like I got to do it on my own' Ares thought. He kicked Nate's body couple of times to check if he's really dead, after confirming he went ahead and started to look around his pockets.

Rose was still crying, holding her mom's body, Ares gave her the look of 'I told you to be quiet, or 'What are you doing?'

"Where were you, Ah? If you were here, she wouldn't have.."

"Nothing would have changed."

"How could you say that.?"

"I don't wanna undercut the emotions you have right now, you just lost your mom and all, but I just wanna say, it wouldn't have mattered if I were here or not, do you know why?

"Because you had the choice, to shoot the gun or not, you saw how close your mom was or how she was about to tackle him, yet you did it, by accident or by intention you did pressed the trigger, you killed her nevertheless.

"So don't play the victim, you are not, and never be one. You are, were, and always be a murderer."

Rose looked at Ares, and then looked back at her mom, in her eyes, "I did this. I did this."

"Damn it!"

Rose looked up, she thought she heard something, when she looked around her, she couldn't find Ares, she could have sworn he was here a moment ago, then that voice, was it his?

Looking around Rose realized that she can't stay here, guessing by what he said and was doing, no one would be coming here for days, and considering what it was, weeks.

She had to get out of here, she looked at her mom's body, her eyes, "I am sorry mom, because of me, I am very sorry." She closed her eyes and got up.

She looked around, it was same as before, almost the same as all the glass pieces was now in the corner somehow, but nothing else, nothing useful.

She looked at Nate, and decided to check him pockets herself as well. A wallet with some cash and a credit card, 3 more bullets and an empty vile called 'Anthon-696.'

She took the bullets and went for the door, as she walked out of the room she stopped, the scene in front of her was straight out of someone's nightmare, as limbs were scattered around like beer bottles in a drunkard's home. Half eaten dead bodies, some with missing limbs, some with bites marks like of an animal.

As much as this horrifies one, she wasn't. She was certainly surprised as her expressions clearly shown, but that was it, she herself was conflicted on why is she doesn't feel much as she decided to move on.

She kept walking, her surroundings got better as she moved on, but the occasional blood painted walls and half-eaten bodies kept her at her toes. It is a good thing she already loaded the gun she thought, but wished she had any shoes.

She stopped, and looked around, she already came from the corridor on her right, where the room she was brought to lied and so was her mother.

On her left was a medical room for the staff, but it was locked, and on the back was the bathroom and no way out of here, the only place she could go was forward.

She walked and then a path came that went right, where saw a glimpse of Ares.

Rose followed him, as she turned at that corner, she could see him, walking towards an elevator or a door, it isn't clear and the lighting, which was better than before, was still not enough to clarify.

"Co'mon, work," Ares was mumbling.

As Rose approach him she saw him with a card, some sort of key because Ares kept trying to open something with it.

"The other one," Ares mumbled again as he turned, "Whoa! Over Already? I thought you would be in there for atleast an hour."

Rose didn't said anything in return, saying anything to him is just like adding fuel to fire, that's why she likes to avoid talking as much as possible.

"Not gonna say anything?"

"None of us want to stay here, either we wait for someone to rescue us, which can take days, or get somehow to a phone and contact Dad, or police, or we work together and find a way out while looking for a way to contact them? I am 13! And you are 16, we can't do this alone, we need to stick together!"

"Now,no matter how much I enjoy our little chat, you can clearly take care ofyourself. Also not interested with working with a murderer," Ares said as hewalked by her. Rose turned around and started to follow him.