Chapter 19:Mirha

Mirha's pov:

It was friday, I went to university in royal blue shalwar kameez and matching dupatta. During first period, the girl named Rimsha occupied the seat beside mine. She gave me a soft smile, as soon as the class ended, she leaned towards me. "You are looking beautiful, girl" she told me with a wink.

I could feel the blood rising in my cheeks. I didn't know, why she tried to talk to me everyday.

"Thanks, I guess" I mumbled and looked down.

"You know, you are so cute. I want to be your friend like half of the class. But unlike them, I have the guts to come and say it to you" she said with mischievousness in her eyes.

She was making me uncomfortable with her words "I don't make friends" I told her, my eyes were on the door, waiting for the students to leave quickly, so that I could leave also.

"Why? Everyone need friends" she frowned.

I got up as soon as the others were out of the class. "I don't" I said and moved towards the door quickly.

"Hey!..." she called me but I didn't turn back. It was better this way. Making friends and then getting dumped by them was going to be a lot more painful. And I couldn't even hold a grudge for it. I understood how much of a baggage they feel remembering every time to be careful around me, to not touch me. This was better, definitely better.

The rest of the day went by a bit awkward. I could feel Rimsha's eyes on me along with her friends, especially a guy's. It was making me extremely uncomfortable.

On off time, I waited longer than usual as most of the semesters had the same off timing on friday. I headed outside, people were scattered around the parking lot as usual. I kept my eyes down as I moved towards the main gate.

A horrified gasp left my mouth when someone bumped into my arm. I looked up, only to find Rimsha's friend, who had been looking at me the whole day.

I quickly moved away, my arm was already itching, as if something was crawling on it. I pursed my lips tightly together not knowing if I would be able to control my reaction if they parted.

I took a step forward ready to leave, when I felt a hand clutch my wrist."who is going to apologize?" he said with a mocking smile on his face.

"Leave me" I shrieked unwantingly, gathering the attention of a lot of students in the parking lot. I pulled my wrist away with all my might, knowing that the tears weren't away. I ran out of the university, not caring what people would think.

It took me a few seconds to locate the car with my blurry vision. My wrist was itching, the tears started falling as soon as I sat in the car. I kept my head down, not wanting the driver to see my condition.My whole side was crawling, but my wrist.... it was itching so badly. "I didn't want him to touch me,why did he ?"I thought to myself as I kept scratching my wrist.I needed to wash it, I wanted the itch, the pain to go away, but it wasn't working. Tears of frustration kept rolling down my cheeks.

The car stopped and I quickly got out of the car wiping my cheeks. I went to my room directly and locked the door. I looked at my bleeding wrist and the itch that was still there....

I headed towards the shower, tears kept falling from my eyes as I rubbed my wrist under the shower. "His eyes, his eyes were on me, he touched my wrist" it was clear that he didn't bump into me accidently. Thoughts kept running through my head as I lost all my energy trying to remove his touch.

I got out of the shower after some time, with red eyes. There was no way, I could go downstairs in this condition. When Hira came to call me for lunch, I denied saying that I wasn't feeling well, I was going to sleep for a while. And I actually fell asleep as soon as I laid on the bed.

I woke up just before dinner. I freshened up, I couldn't afford a mental breakdown at this point. I needed to pull myself together. The scratches on my wrist had dried blood on them. I cleaned them carefully with the tissue and then pulled on a long sleeved hoodie to cover my wrist. I headed outside seeming perfectly normal..........

--------------------------

Abhi ruko, meri ankhon ko tumhein kuch r dekhna he
Abhi ruko, mere kaano ko tumhen kuch r sunna he
Apni khwaishon ko apny lbon se byaan krna he
Abhi ruko, meri ruh ko tumhen kuch r yaad krna he
_______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update.
Please show your support by nominating my book here WattPak_2020( south asian awards)
This book falls under young adult and then others in romance. Your support will mean a lot to me❤️❤️❤️❤️

LOVE YOU ALL❤️