chapter 24:Saad

Saad's pov:

I called Mirha , thankfully she picked up right away. My eyes were trained on the roof of that building. "Bend down" I said watching the slight movement in the man's position there.

"BENT DOWN!!!!" I shouted uncontrollably. Just then, the bullet pierced through the window of her car. The side she was sitting on, I felt my heart constricted in fear at that moment hearing her shriek" Mirha..."I called her, but didn't get a reply.

The traffic signal had opened and the cars besides her were racing, to move away from there. I saw the stranger's car go as well, as my eyes flickered towards the car number. Barely a few seconds had passed when 2 fires hit the car again. I started the car and moved it right beside Mirha's. I saw the man disappear then from the edge of the building, but still wasn't sure if there weren't any other men.

I opened the door of my passenger side and got out from there right next to Mirha's car. The door opened, I stayed down not standing to my full height in case of someone watching. My heart felt like it was wrapped in a vessel, when I opened the door, not knowing what I would see after opening the back door. I released a breathe, seeing her hunched behind the passenger seat of her car with both hands on her mouth, as tears fell. She opened her eyes hearing the door open.

"S-Saad" A whisper left her trembling lips. "Come here" I told her in a soft voice, the trembling in her body was clear. I heard her whisper my name again as she started to move towards me"stay low"I told her. As soon as she was in my reach, I pulled her out , still hunching on the road between her and my car. There was no way someone could shoot us without coming from front directly as the back was blocked by other cars.

I felt her clutch my shirt with both hands as she hid herself in me. The trembling in her body was breaking something in me, in that moment, I knew I couldn't hate her even if I wanted to. "S-aad..Saad..."she was chanting my name still crying as if to believe that I was there.

I placed my hand in her hair rubbing her scalp softly, when I just wanted to wrap my arms tightly around her. But I couldn't do it in this moment, knowing she could revolt because of it, knowing she needed me in this moment.

"I am here, shhhhh" I whispered to her as I kept patting her hair. I breathed in relief when I heard the police vehicles approaching. In minutes we were surrounded by the police. I made her stand with me just by holding the place above her wrists, she wasn't moving away still shaken. I also kept her in the embrace, wanting her to know that she was safe, nothing would touch her before passing me....

People had stayed away waiting for the police, but now they all were also coming out to check if anyone was injured. The driver was fine as the hitman hadn't aimed any hit on his side and he had bent down in precaution hearing the first bullet shatter the glass.

"Is she fine ? Do we need to take her to hospital" the officer asked.

I looked down at her to make sure, she looked up at me with tear filled eyes. Something in her eyes pulled at my soul, they weren't like they used to be. She didn't have indifference in them, along with tears like before. There was a flicker of something..... dare I say hope?

"N-o.... h-ome" She whispered in between hiccups, hiding her face in her between her hands on my chest.

"She is fine. I need to take her home. "I told them, keeping my voice as calm as possible.

"But the attack..."they wanted information, but getting her home in the safety of my house was more important.

"I have called the hotel right away to send the security guards to the roof, around the 2nd hit. There's high hope that they had caught him" the lady standing on the side said, indicating towards the building which was actually a hotel.

The officer sent 2 of his mates towards the hotel, "we need to know more about what happened" the officer looked at me.

"I can give you the details at my place. "I said opening the passenger door of my car. I made Mirha sit in, she looked up at me nearly panicking.

"Shhh.... It has bullet proof windows, nothing would happen" At that moment, I thanked heavens that it had that windows, even though I hadn't given it much thought before.

Police mobile covered us on the way. The driver and the other car was also taken care of. Mirha was a lot more in control by the time we reached home. She was trying to stop crying by the time by the time we entered the gate, and she also succeeded to some extent.

She headed inside alongwith me. Dado got up seeing her tear striken face." Allah kher! what happened ?" She asked moving towards Mirha.

I saw the slight twitch in her body as dado held her hand, she was going to hug Mirha ,when I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"She is fine. Let her sit, Dado"I said lightheartedly, grabbing her attention. Mirha chose the single seat wisely, dado had to sit keeping the little distance. I told her that there was a hit on her car, but didn't go in details, as I needed to go outside to give police officers the information they needed. Even though, dad was a well known businessman of the country, something like this had never happened......

------------------------

Ishq tableegon se kb seekha jata he....
Ye to ruh se ruh tk ka taluq he jo usky hukm se hota he.....
_____________

Salaam readers! heres the update<3