Chapter 56:Mirha

Mirha's pov:

It was the night before Reception, Saad's friends and cousins planned a Qawali night, to have some fun before Reception. The arrangements were done in garden with heaters placed at small distances. 

I was wearing a maroon long frok with a big maang tikka(head ornament) and minimal makeup. Looking in the mirror, I knew that I was looking good, and the way every women gave compliments it was confirmed. I wanted Saad to see me like this as soon as possible, I wanted to see his reaction. 

Everything was good, but there was a thing which made me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Saad seemed to keep a distance between us. Even when I was in his arms, there seemed to be still some boundaries. Saad hadn't even kissed me on the lips except for that one time in Swat. 

It felt weird to me, why hadn't he wanted to do it again. He had already confessed his feelings, isn't it the expected thing for him to do. Even if the thought of his nearness like that scare me, a part of me want him closer......

I was sitting on the bed, when Saad came to the room all ready. He had gotten ready in another room. He was looking extremely handsome in black shalwar kameez and black shawl resting on his shoulders.

He seemed to stop for a second as he saw me, making heat rise in my cheeks, he came towards me and held my chin. "You are looking beautiful, butterfly" he whispered touching my maang tikka. 

Saad's grey eyes were heated, as if he was planning to melt me with them itself. He was looking at my every feature, his eyes stopped on my soft pink painted lips for more than a few seconds, making my heart beat faster.

But he moved back letting his hand drop, making the fluttering of my heart stop too. 

"Let's go, everyone is waiting downstairs" Saad said extending his hand towards me. I set the heavy dupatta which was set on my shoulder and the other arm and then we headed outside. 

Everyone was seated already. The qawals were also setting their instruments. Saad took me to the front after greeting everyone. Saad was seated on my right, Daneen was on my right. Affan on Saad's side, but Arsh was right behind us, Definitely, in the mood to tease Daneen throughout the festival. A smile came on my face, just imagining it. 

"Ap bethe hen balin pe meri....." the qawals started with this qawalli, setting the whole environment. A heater was placed near us, but I was still getting chills every now and then. I moved closed to Saad involuntarily. 

"Cold?" he whispered in my ear. 

"hmm" I mumbled and looked at Daneen, she was sitting in an even thinner fabric than of my dress. How did girls even do it, without freezing to death?I thought to myself.

As Saad removed the shawl from his shoulders and draped it around me, placing an arm around me. This place was comfy, I could easily rest my head on his shoulder as I watched Daneen, Arsh, Altamash and some other friends' antics infront of me. They were full of energy.

The buzz just calmed down a bit as food was served. Saad got food for him and me, Daneen came towards us rolling her eyes as Arsh was just behind her. He was being discreet about his torture tonight, maybe because of elders.

"Saad, do you smell something burning?"Arsh said lifting his nose towards Daneen and I barely contained my laughter. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"There were two girls, who were talking about how handsome I am to the jealous people, making them burn just a bit more" Arsh said over dramatically, making me chuckle.

"Saad, I think you still have a pic of the drooling baby, would you enjoy using that to entertain everyone right now?"Daneen said giving Arsh a sweet smile. 

"You sent it to him!!!!"Arsh shrieked. 

"It was actually him who gave that pic to me"Daneen said making me look at saad, and I remembered the night before Daneen had it in the morning. He hadn't let it go, after all.

"You!!!!You did it. You are not my friend!"Arsh fake cried wiping his tears, but Saad only raised his eyebrow as if he was bored.

"What have I done? what was this the payback of?"Arsh questioned, he definitely knew Saad. Saad never did anything without a reason.

"You are smart enough to question that, think about what you possibly did on the trip to piss me off. By the way, I don't have the pic anymore" Saad informed. So, he had enough of revenge?

Arsh seemed to get happy hearing the last part, he looked at Daneen giving her a mischievous smile."Who is going to save you now, Miss up turned nose"he grinned.

"Was it important to tell him that?" Daneen asked Saad before heading towards Dado quickly.

The night quietened down around 1 am. I laid in the bed, as Saad went to get ready for the night. He laid down beside me after dimming the lights. 

"Tomorrow, a beautician would come to help you get ready. I have already given them instructions. They won't touch you until its utmost necessary. And I will be there, so just relax and enjoy tomorrow. Okay?!" Saad informed rubbing my cheek. 

I nodded closing my eyes. I loved how he was so caring about me, when he understood even before I uttered my problems to him.

I fell asleep, feeling nervous yet happy about the coming night. Maybe, Saad was waiting for reception.

---------------------------------

Fikr e yar k hathon
Bebas o lachaar hen hm
Sogaat e ishq he ye to
Soday me nuqsaan to nhi......

___________________
Salam readers! Heres the update❤️