chapter 25: Saad

Saad's pov:

I headed outside, Police officers were standing there, one ended his phone call. 

"The sniper was caught, our team has taken them to the police station" he informed and I nodded. 

"MNC2000 Corolla in white. Trace this car, I think the man in this car was also involved. He followed the car till the sight of attack." I said and looked towards the main gate, where Dad entered.

They came towards us directly, "Is she fine?" Dad asked me with worry in his eyes, my jaw ticked at the worry in his tone.

I only gave a nod and focused on the police officer in front of me, "Sir! Is there anyone you feel suspicious about?" he asked dad professionally. 

"No! Everything has been running smoothly. There wasn't even a slight clash with any business rival also in the last few months" Dad frowned.

"Okay ! still if you remember anything or find someone suspicious, call us.I will keep you informed about the case "He said shaking dad's hand. 

They left after dad thanked them. I headed inside without waiting for dad. She was still sitting on the place I had left her on and looked calm enough. 

I stood very close to the seat she was sitting on. Dad couldn't come near her from front with the angle I was standing in. I kept my eyes on dado as if I didn't realize that where I was standing. 

"Are you okay , Beta? "Dad asked her and she gave a wobbly smile trying to be brave. 

"The puzzles ain't fitting. If it was dad's rival, he should have attacked me, even if he was attacking dad's car, he should have attacked the driver also. But no, the car following hers, had seen her sit, they even knew the side she was sitting on. It seemed like the attack was specifically on her." I frowned.

Dad looked at Mirha as if something dawned on him." Why would they attack her, the whole property would go to the trusts if she dies before she is 18?"Dad asked more to himself. 

"Who would attack her?" I raised an eyebrow, the cool I was keeping wasn't something I was feeling on the inside. There was fire burning in me.

"I have turned 18 today" She mumbled making my head turn toward her. She had her head bent down, her hands were fisted in her lap. 

"It all makes sense now. It must be her uncles, the property would go to them if she dies after legally inheriting her father's property" Dad said.

 A frown appeared on my forehead."Come on! "I ran my hand through my hair feeling frustrated, how typical this family greed was, killing for property.

"We need to protect her. They won't stop until she is dead" Dad said looking at me. 

And my lips thinned with realization" the sniper..... He didn't leave after one shot..... he took good amount of time between each shot, as if to be certain about her death. When he should have run after the first shot itself "I told dad.

"They must have paid the guy well, It isn't uncommon for the family to have men who won't even hesitate to go to jail or die for them "Dad said, I knew Mirha's parental family were landlords. But all this... It was giving me a headache, trying to find a solution.

"What can we do now? Tell police?" I asked dad with pursed lips. 

"Its of no use. I can guarantee you that man won't confess ever. They won't have sent him if he was weakling" Dad shook his head, and I raised my both hands in frustration. 

"I- I will be fine. I can shift back to my place now... or in hostel. I am 18 now, You.. all don't need to worry about me" her voice made my temper raise in seconds. 

I turned towards her, her eyes lifted up, tears were shining in her eyes, but she wasn't letting them fall. "Shut up!!" I said and turned back towards dad, not caring how harsh I was to her.

Dad looked at me with disappointment, but then I saw as something clicked his head. 

Mirha's pov:

Tears fell from my eyes on his harsh tone, I looked down. I could feel dado's sympathetic eyes on me. 

I didn't know why was this happening to me. I finally thought that I would go home, I had already started packing my things yesterday, I was sad about leaving dado... this house. But, I was also waiting to live freely now.... at least to some extent with the cage I had developed around myself, myself. 

But now this, I couldn't even remember my father's family clearly. They hadn't tried to keep any contact with me after dad's death and now this.... "Maybe, God really hated me.... Maybe, I really didn't deserve to be happy at all... Maybe, I was really a curse........"the tips of my fingers tingled with the need to scratch myself, to stop the crawling under my skin go away. 

I wiped my tears with the back of my fists, still keeping my head down. 

"There's a way we can save her." I heard Mr Ibraahim's voice, but didn't bother lifting my head.

________________

Jaan se pyara hona hr kisi k naseeb me kahan likha he ......
Kuch bdkismt to umr bhr khud se muhbt nhi kr paaty......

______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️❤️❤️