Chapter 53:Mirha

Mirha's pov:

I was heading towards the bed, when the room door opened, making my heart skip. Couldn't he just wait 10 minutes, so that I could sleep before he returned?

I quickly turned by head towards the bed, taking a step forward seeing him close the door.

"Mirha!" his voice made my heart stop, I didn't want to talk to him right now.

"I am sleepy" my voice was barely audible.

"Stop, why are you ignoring me?" he tried to hold my hand, making me hiss in pain, involuntarily. I pulled my hand away, taking a step back facing him.

The coldness in his eyes as he focused on my hand, made me feel colder than I felt outside with the snow covering the surroundings.

I took another step back. "Mirha! Daneen is just my cousin, I care about her as much as I would for an extended family member, there's nothing worth worrying you" his words made my eyes well with tears. How did he know that it was Daneen upsetting me, if there was really nothing going on?

I shook my head, avoiding to look at him.

"Look at me, sweetheart" he tried to touch my chin but I flinched back. My whole skin was crawling, I didn't want his lies.

"Don't touch me. I know the truth" I whispered as a rebellious tear fell down and I hated myself for it. I didn't want him to see my tears.

"What truth?" he asked.

"I don't want to talk about anything right now" I wiped my cheeks, still looking away.

"Look at me, when you are speaking to me" the steel in his voice made me look at him involuntarily. The anguish, the anger in his eyes made me heart clench.

His eyes softened slightly, I wanted to look away, I didn't want his eyes to cast a spell around me, but sadly it was already happening.

Tears of pain, heartbreak fell from my eyes. "I understand.... I should have understood it, when you never gave me the reason of your care. Its okay... it was my stupidity, that I could get anything more than sympathy from a person. Daneen.. she is perfect, she suits you well... She is intelligent.. beautiful too...."once I uttered the words, I couldn't stop myself. It all started coming out.

"Mirha! you are my wife, she is nothing to me. You are what matters to me!" I heard Saad, but nothing sank in. His words weren't registering in my brain.

"If.. you have enough for your experiment, and I am also better now." though I wasn't feeling that betterment at all at that moment" You can leave me, I will find some other way to save me" my heart was bleeding with each uttered word, how was I going to live without him? "After returning home, you can divorc--"

I was mid word, when Saad pulled me towards him, it took me a few seconds to understand that he had shut me with his lips. He was keeping his lips pressed to mine, holding my head with one hand and my waist with another. My head went blank in seconds, the only thing I could feel was his lips hardly pressed against mine.

His eyes were open, he pulled back seeing me go still.

"Shut up! Don't dare to utter that sentence again!" he said looking in my eyes intensely. His one hand was still behind my head and other around my waist. I wished for the crawling feeling, I wished that I had the energy to push him away at that moment, but something in me wasn't letting me. I craved his nearness more than I could ever confess to myself.

Fresh tears filled my eyes."Mirha, Daneen is just a cousin and I can never think of her like that. Doesn't matter how pretty or intelligent she is, it is you I want." he made a sour face talking about Daneen."My girl, who loves to get all messy with paints covering her. You want to know the reason behind my actions towards you? Haven't I gave you the idea about my feelings for you?" he raised an eyebrow, making me look at him questioningly. When had he given me the hint?

"I told you that I like you. It was you who didn't believe the simplest answer" he smiled tucking a strand behind my ear, making my eyes huge remembering.

"If that was a simple answer, what would be a difficult one?"I whispered before I could stop myself.

"He moved his face closer to me, looking in my eyes directly "That I love your smiles, I love to be the reason of your happiness, your peace. I feel the pain in my heart when you are hurting. I hate nothing more than seeing tears in your eyes. That the heart I never thought could love even like a normal person, beats for you strongly enough to leave me frozen, to not let me think about anything else" the sincerity in his eyes made my heart clench. I had never expected him to be a romantic person, but he was giving me shocks here.

I took a step back, getting nervous. I stumbled, feeling dizzy. He quickly held me, making me sit on the bed.

"Are you okay?" Saad asked getting worried.

"Just felt a bit dizzy for a second" I told him as he held my hands."It must be the height " Saad said referring to the height we were on compared to the plain areas I was used to live on. The disappointment in his eyes was clear as he kept his eyes on my wounds, and I felt like crying.

"I -I won't do it again. It - it just got too much. I am sorry" I muttered nonchalantly, as my cheeks got wet with tears, watching him apply medicine on the wounds. They weren't really deep, but My palms were punctured on several points, making it look worse.

"I am sorry... I should have taken care of everything, before it got too much" Saad whispered kissing the tips of my fingers softly making me shiver. He cleaned my cheeks softly, making me lean closer in his touch. Was it normal to feel this much comfort and peace in someone's touch? I sighed, closing my hand.

"You never need to feel intimidated by anyone, Daneen is a bit dominant but not harmful to you in any way. Just speak in front of her, let her know what you want. She just doesn't take time caring about other people's wishes" Saad said.

"Like you don't with everyone" I spoke before I could stop myself. Saad rubbed his thumb on my cheek, cupping it as he laughed.

"I think, it runs in the family." Saad said mischievously. "by the way, which experiment were you talking about?" he asked making me look away.

-----------------------------

Smjho to muhbt
Na smjho to kashish bas
Maano to ishq
Na maano to junoon bas
Chaaho to srmast
Na chaaho to jogi bs
Yaar k dr pr zindgi
Weraany me to saansen bs

________________

Salaam readers! heres the update❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
It was definitely a rollercoaster ride for me, with all the emotions hitting on top of each other.😅😅😅😅