22 | ♛ | The Night After Christmas

T W E N T Y T W O
the night after christmas

T W E N T Y   T W Othe night after christmas

A.E.A

"WHAT DO YOU THINK would happen if we don't attend?" I ask, fingers tracing the inked flowers on Adrian's collarbones.

He hums, contemplating the answer "Other than Corine being livid and bringing up our lack of attendance to her grand After Christmas Ball at every family gathering?..nothing."

That sounds about right.

I begrudgingly sit up, causing my silk robe-the only article of clothing I'm wearing-to slip down and put my skin on display "Then we better start getting ready."

Adrian's eyes immediately go to said skin and he looks up at me with a devious expression but before any of this can progress, I get out of bed and thus Adrian's reach.

"I know what you're thinking and I'm advising you to forget all about it because then we'll never be able to make it in time." I warn, backing away a few steps when he follows me out of bed.

"But what if I make it quick?" With a smirk of his lips, he snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against his naked chest. I clench my thighs together at his tone-at the low hanging sweatpants and those skilled hands that already work to untie the loose knot of my robe.

Well a quickie w-"No. We can't. We'll be late Adrian." I force all the adamance I can in my voice, even if the tension and need in my body only continues to increase as Adrian's hands roam my skin leisurely.

I push him away before those hands get the chance to explore dangerous territory and put some much needed distance between us, glaring at the grinning bastard and tying my robe tightly once again, I remind him "After last night you'd think that you could keep it in your pants for a little longer."

"If I recall correctly-which I do-you were the one who kept begging for more." He calls after me into our closet, I yell out a few curses right back at him and when he enters, the sound of his chuckles fill the room.

The sound, quite literally, is music to my ear.

"I have something for you." I stop my rummaging to look at him "Another present? Aid you've already spoiled me so much as is." thinking back on all the thoughtful presents he'd gotten me for Christmas, my heart swells with emotion.

Yesterday had been magical.

Not only had the eight of us celebrated Christmas together but Cel and Ryv had also announced their pregnancy in the most adorable manner.

Celeste had told Blair and Elle not long after she had told Ryver. They had then decided to collectively surprise the guys and keeping it a secret from Adrian had been very hard to say the least. Specially since I've already started buying gifts for the little bundle of joy.