15 | ♛ | Pawns And Queens

F I F T E E N
pawns & queens

F I F T E E N pawns & queens

A.E.A

AUTUMN SEEMS TO HAVE dressed the trees in carnival clothes of the most vibrant scarlet and gold for one last dance before winter entirely takes over.

We'd said goodbye to Italy's sweet winds and architectural treasures to return back to New York's high-rise concrete and glass skyscrapers two weeks ago.

Right in time for Thanksgiving.

All I'd wanted to do was sleep in after the hectic travel-lined days we'd had but that wish would not be granted today since Adrian and I were meeting his family for a Thanksgiving lunch because we had planned on having dinner with the gang.

Though none of us celebrate Thanksgiving itself we've made it into our own holiday. Every November 23rd the eight of us would get together to cook dinner, it was practically a tradition-until it wasn't-but we get to do it again this year and I could not be more ecstatic about it.

Which reminds me "Aid we need groceries for tonight." he brings the car to a halt at the red light nodding in reply "And a lot of them at that."

He clears his throat, avoiding my eyes-something he does easily because the red light changes to a green-my brows crinkle at his behaviour.

"So, will you um make your famous s'mores pie tonight?" Silence encases the car for a few seconds which makes Adrian hastily add "I mean if you don't want t-"

Laughter makes him turn to me with alarmed eyes.

His expression only makes me laugh harder, my hand flying over my mouth as he parks the car and regards me cautiously "I'm getting concerned."

"Of course, if you want me to." I fight a few more chuckles as his mouth parts, struggling for a reply, he settles on shrugging "I'd appreciate it."

Butterflies set free in my stomach, my heart warming when I catch his ears getting tainted a deep red, so I murmur softly "Then consider it done." the tone of my voice causing him to finally meet my eyes.

I give him a smile, watching his lips to tug up into one as well.

I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of this sight.

━━━  ━━━

"Did you two match on purpose or was it an accident?" Blair asks as both of us turn to where the boys stood, busy in conversation.

"At first we were in maroon outfits and looked like a pair of tomatoes, after tedious negotiations we both decided to change and somehow ended up coordinated again but this time he refused to change and I damn well wasn't changing either, so here we are ."