14 | ♛ | Salvation And Damnation

F O U R T E E N
salvation and damnation

F O U R T E E Nsalvation and damnation

A.E.A

MY STOMACH ACHED FROM laughing, my feet hurt from dancing and my heart felt full with joy.

In precisely three minutes the screens on our phones would display the time as 3 am.

After many hours that consisted of eating a delicious five-tiered cake, a four-course meal, countless congratulations and dances, all the guests had slowly taken their leave until only the eight of us were left at the Villa along with a few servants. 

Rather than going back to the hotel, we'd be spending the night here and not wanting the night to end we'd walked down to the shore where Blair had surprised us by already having a bonfire set up, blankets and all.

Thus under the winking stars, we sat, still in our wedding attire, each of which had gotten either a few additions or deductions.

Casp had long since abandoned his waistcoat and none of the guys had their ties on whereas my reception dress had gotten the addition of Adrian's black coat to keep me warm and the same went for Blair who had taken Casp's.

I smile at my friends, all of us once again in the same place-together-now truly reunited.

Everything about today has been magical, looking back on the reception, meeting so many of my friends and indulging in letting loose had been just what I'd needed. 

Raffael Salvatore and his wife Aurelia Salvatore were also in attendance, looking every bit the regal couple they're gossiped to be and I'd made sure to thank them for everything, Adrian had done the same with a warning look from me.

I remember catching Chase and Adrian's stepmother Corine, talking near the open bar which had made me tilt my head in confusion at the odd pairing. I hadn't known they were familiar with one another.

"Look, she's already started tuning out on you." Art's voice brings my attention back to the bonfire we were seated around.

"Remind me again why all of you are hell-bent on separating us?" I question, stealing a few french fries from Adrian. We'd also ordered takeout after Elle had voiced sudden cravings for greasy food which the rest of us had parroted. Bags of takeout, leftover cake and bottles of champagne are spread around us.

"I took offence to that." Blair side eyes me, sipping her strawberry milkshake "Forgive me for grouping you with these hooligans." I blow her a kiss "You're a goddess." she definitely was, seeing as how splendidly she'd pulled off all our wedding festivities, leaving no room for complaints.  

My gratitude for what Blair had done for us would always be endless. She'd pushed herself to the max these past few months and had gone over and beyond for our satisfaction-even with this beach bonfire.