25 | ♛ | A Toast To The Stars

T W E N T Y   F I V E
a toast to the stars

T W E N T Y   F I V E a toast to the stars

A.E.A

"SHE'S HOT." ART COMMENTS, eyes still on his phone as he continues swiping the screen.

"Why am I not surprised that that was the first thing out of your mouth about her." Cel replies, forking a sliced pickle from the plate infront of her. She'd never been fond of them-flat out hated them-that is until our little bean came in the picture.

Now, she scarfs a plate full of them cheerfully.

"But there's this aura to her." Elle pipes in from where she sits leaning against Casp, who continues to play with a strand of her hair that sways in the light breeze every now and then "I don't know how to describe it but there's always this sadness present..."

I frown, having an inkling about what she's talking about.

While Amara Noor-Ul Mahfudi is certainly gorgeous, she's also..reserved? like Elle said, I can't seem to put it into words but then again we're only basing this off from the countless paparazzi pictures we've seen.

So instead, I add "At least she's intelligent enough to hate everything about her step brother."

That garners Casp's attention, making him growl out "I think every person possesses the single brain cell needed to hate the asshole that is Darius Mahfudi." making Ryver scoff.

Ehan, Elle's twin brother and Amara's fiancé, had informed her about how Amara holds the same sentiments towards Darius as us, if not more so because she also has to call him family.

Not that that stopped him from hitting on her.

I push the thought away in fear of my recently had lunch reaching my throat and ending up on the grounds of Hawthorne Country Club.

The gang and I had been invited by our close school friends, Tristan and Seraphina Hawthorne as well as their parents to celebrate 60 years of their highly exclusive and prestigious club.

"I'm just glad that everything worked out in the end." Blair states, one leg delicately crossed over the other as she indulges in a massive pack of her favourite sour gummies.

The exact same one Adrian also has opened in his lap.

Both the siblings refused to share and to put an end to the constant back and forth we'd suggested that they simply get their own from the store at the next gas station. Obviously both the brats insisted on buying the biggest size.

The Club is only a fifty minute drive away from the city, each of us had agreed immediately-even if clearing our schedules for this spontaneous trip had been one hell of a job.

Practically a miracle.

But none of us wanted to miss this opportunity-having all of our childhood friends reunited once again under the same roof after so long.