06 | ♛ | Reunion Brunches

S I X
reunion brunches

S I Xreunion brunches

A.E.C

"YOU LOOK AMAZING" I grow increasingly incredulous as I find myself repeating the same line for the fifth time, watching Celeste ruffle her hair in the mirror through my phone.

"You sure? Isn't this too matchy-matchy?" She mumbles distractedly, turning around to inspect the blue and white floral-printed blouse and skirt set, leaving me to shake my head in disbelief.

Celeste Marshall is one of the most in-demand and highest-paid models in the industry, she's also the face of House Of Cece, a coveted fashion brand known for its exclusivity and sky-high status. 

With her striking features and undeniable allure, she graces the covers of magazines and runways, capturing the attention and admiration of fashion enthusiasts worldwide. 

She's never been shy about voicing her opinions and expressing herself through clothes and fashion, her style encompasses a wide range of designs, patterns and colours. My best friend is bold and vivacious, seeing her insecure about her dressing is a first and I seem to know exactly where these uncharacteristic nerves are stemming from. 

I had to excuse myself from a very important meeting for this fashion consultation FaceTime but I know Cel wouldn't have called had it not been something serious. 

"Celest Magnolia Marshall, listen very carefully to me." I demand "If you like what you're wearing, then that's all that matters. Forget everything else, if you feel beautiful in it, then wear it and own it because it's your body and only you get to decide what you put on it."

My friend gives me a wobbly smile through my phone screen. 

Then, to not make either of us go down an emotional lane because I still have a meeting to get back to, I point out "Besides, you know damn well that Ryver won't be able to take his eyes off you even if you show up in a potato sack." 

A dramatic gasp sounds from her lips and she looks at me with a faux hurt expression, all traces of nerves now replaced by playful theatrics "I would never touch a potato sack!"

Just then my assistant appears from the hallway like a God-sent. 

"We need you to rev-" I don't let Chase complete the sentence and instead hand my phone over to him and walk back to the meeting room.

Faintly, I make out Chase's voice "Yes Cel, you look beautiful." while I push open the door of the room hosting many impatient board members.

⋆❈⋆❈⋆❈⋆❈⋆❈⋆

"Honestly, I don't even know how I put up with you." I tell the brunette sitting next to me in my car.