Chapter 4: Day Before

I pack my stuff up because tomorrow is the first day of Eilishs tour. I'm wearing my usual gear minus the thermal underneath. I get out of the hotel room and meet up with Harry and Mark, I'm not sure where Rob is but I'm sure he isn't far.

"Hey Rae, excited for the tour?" Harry asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"This is not a holiday Harry. This is a very important assignment. My name is Raven, you don't get to call me 'Rae' not until you've proven that Lucinda made a good decision putting you on this detail. Three strikes and you're out. I'm you're boss whilst we are out here, I'm not your friend." I stared him down and I swore I could see his eyes become glossy. But I give this little talk to every new agent, just so they're put in their place and know that this is not a game. Rob then approaches and escorts us out to the car. We hop in and head to the O'Connells house. Once we get there I walk behind Rob who leads us into the house after knocking. We ask them all to gather in the living room, the whole family including Zoe and Claudia are there and they squeeze on the sofas. Mark, Harry and I stand back whilst Rob starts the debrief. He explains how the next few months will work and I'm watching him and looking between each family member, then my eyes fall on Billies which are already looking at me. I smiled slightly completely sucked into those gorgeous eyes.

"Raven? Hello?" I then hear Robs voice and blush slightly when they all laugh.

"Sorry sir" I reply.

"As I was saying, Raven will explain what she will be doing" he steps back and I walk forward, feeling Billies eyes burning into the side of my head when I look around the room.

"Okay, so I am detailed as Billies body guard throughout the tour. Wherever Billie is I will also be there at all times." I look to Zoe who is smirking at Billie and nudging her side whilst wiggling her eyebrows.  "Mark and Harry will stay at a distance observing from a far but they will also help me ensure everyone else's safety." I finish " any questions?" They all shake their heads but Billie speaks up.

"So say I need a poop, will you be in the bathroom with me or standing outside the door?" She questions which earns a few chuckles and eye rolls from her family.

"I will be close but you will obviously be entitled to your privacy, same with showering. With sleeping ill either be in the same room in a separate bed or in the room next to you." I explain to her.

"What about when we are in the tour bus?" She asks smiling at me.

"You and your family will not be sleeping in the tour bus, you will either be in a hotel of one of the companies safe houses. The tour bus is unsafe, we will have a security guard there at all times whilst the crew are in there but no one will sleep in it." I finish and cross my arms. They all nod in response.

"This is some serious shit huh" Billie says.

I nod "yeah it is. But you don't need to worry we are the best of the best. You're in good hands and that goes for everyone" I look around and smile to everyone. They all smile back but Billie just stares at me. My phone starts to ring. "Excuse me a second" I say as I walk out of the living room, into the kitchen.

"Hello is this Miss Midnight?" A woman asks.

"Yes, speaking?" I cringe hating my surname, sounds so made up ya know.

"It's Rachel from the hotel you booked for this evening. Unfortunately there was an error in booking so we don't have the room for you tonight. I can see that you have a few coworkers staying with us too but their rooms are fine. You could always share a room with them. I apologise for the inconvenience." She explains and I roll my eyes.

"Okay thank you" I sigh and hang up the phone.

"What's wrong?" Billie asks as she walks into the room.