Chapter 14: A gift

I slowly opened my eyes but groaned loudly when the light in the room caused massive pain from my head. I looked the other way and saw that the bed was empty which made me kinda sad. I sat up and looked in the mirror. Fuck I look dreadful. I went into the shower and got dressed into some cargo trousers and a black t-shirt. I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on to make a coffee. I hadn't seen anyone yet today which was weird but I guess I woke up a little late-2pm. I finished my coffee and walked out the back where Billie was cleaning up some solo cups on the floor.

"Look at you, being sooo helpful" I smiled at her and she put a goofy smile on.

"How's your head?" She asked.

"Fucked, but I've taken pain killers so it should ease off" I sighed and sat on the bench, Billie was basically finished so I just sat down.

"Rob said that the extra security will stay here for today as well so I can recover." I laughed as she came over and sat down. I leant into her and kissed her, it was passionate. "Thank you" I mumbled against her lips.

She pulled back with a smile "it wasn't just me ya know" she bit her lip and looked at me.

"Okay ill go give Emma a thank you kiss too" I joked and got to stand up but Billie grabbed my arm and pulled me down. We both laughed.

"She doesn't wanna kiss your bozo ass" she said and I raised an eyebrow.

"I dunno Eilish. She has tried to make some moves on me before" I winked at her.

"Yeah but you" she poked my chest "turned her down, because?" She waited for an answer.

"Because I wanna be with someone else" I said quietly. She hummed in response.

"Oh I got you a present" she said and brought out a small box from the other side of the bench.

"Bil, you didn't have to seriously" I said and sat the box in my lap. "What is it?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever received a present? Open the fucking box Rae and you'll find out" she chuckled which made me laugh.

I slowly opened the box and I gasped, looking down at the the gift. It was a black watch, like my old one but had black diamonds all over it. I just stared at it for a while.

"The fuck Billie" I breathed out "I cant accept this" I said and went to give it back but she laughed.

"Yes you can, its for you" she said and then I just stared at her. Admiring all the features that I've memorised over the past months. Her lips pulled into a smile. "Put it on then" she laughed.

I looked down and pulled the watch out of the box, admiring it. Letting out some 'oh my gods' whilst looking into the details. I flipped the watch over and saw something engraved on the back. 'Will you be mine?' I read it twice or three times to make sure I was reading it right.

I looked to Billie who was smiling like a fool at me.

"Is this?...Are you asking me to be your...girlfriend?" I asked shaking slightly. She nodded and I pulled her into a massive hug, the box dropped to the floor but the watch was in my hand. After a minute I pulled back and fitted the watch to my wrist.

"I dunno Bil, with this watch I could pull all the girls" I laughed and wiggled my eyebrows. She slapped my arm and laughed.

"I'm serious though, I've never felt this way about anyone before. Like legit anyone. You make me so happy and you care so much. You say its you job but I know its more than that and so does Lucy and Rob" she smiled.

"You mean so much more to me  Billie, like I know I say that its my job but that's because I was scared to let my true emotions feel. But I really fucking like you" I smiled at her and pulled her into a kiss.