Chapter 10: Her Shirt

I squinted when my eyes slowly opened, the sun from outside peeking through the window. I felt an arm around me and heard soft snores coming from behind me. Remembering that I fell asleep with Billie, I turned around, trying not to wake her. She shuffled but only got closer to me. I stared at her features as she slept, my heart rate increasing when she hummed in her sleep. How is she allowed to be this cute? I slowly got up and she whined when she noticed me getting up.

"Come back" she mumbled, her voice very raspy which made me feel some type of way. I laughed softly when she went back to snoring. I popped on one of Billies oversized shirts and walked to the kitchen. It didn't seem like anyone was awake, I don't blame them after the day they had yesterday. I started to make myself a coffee and stuck my black hair up into a messy bun. I ran my hand across my waist where Billies arm was not long before and smiled.

"Sleep well?" Emmas voice pulled me from my thoughts.

I nodded "coffee?" I asked and she nodded back. I watched her for a second as her eyes drifted down my body, why was I nervous? I shifted my weight and turned around, making both of us a cup of coffee. She sat at the kitchen island whilst I leant on my elbows whilst still standing. I rested my head on my hand and looked at Emma who was already looking at me. I smiled at her and took a sip of the coffee, feeling a bit awkward.

"You're really pretty" she mumbled and I don't think I was meant to hear her but I did. I blushed at her comment.

"You're not so bad yourself"I chuckled when she realised she thought out loud. I went and sat on the sofa and she followed, sitting next to me. She was a little close but I shrugged it off and watched the TV. An hour or so passed and people started to wake up, of course Bil was the last.  She trudged into the living room and looked at me with a smirk when she looked at my shirt. I blushed slightly and smiled at her. Hoping she didn't make a comment but of course she would.

"That shirt is sooo familiar, so happens that mine, that's exactly the same is missing" she raised an eyebrow and I felt Emma looking between us. She got up and walked to her room.

"Oops, I upset your little girlfriend" Billie said with a grin on her face.

"She isn't my girlfriend Eilish" I rolled my eyes "she is my coworker, it would be inappropriate" I said and she sat next to me, closer than Emma was.

"And you think fucking and sleeping with a client is appropriate?" She teased as she whispered in my ear.

"Trust me I know its not. It wont be happening again" I said with a straight face to her and she looked very disappointed. I mean I was joking but also wasn't, it really shouldn't happen.

————

Some time passed and I set up a meeting on video call between us, Rob and Lucinda to discuss what we do next. Billie and her family were sat on the sofa whilst Emma and I stood behind them, the TV was mounted to the wall with a camera so it was a good angle. I accepted the call and we all exchanged hellos.

"Okay so, obviously what happened was terrifying but" Lucinda began "with the skills of Raven and Emma we managed to get through it with zero casualties." I smiled at Emma who nodded and smiled back.

"That's great but it was scary as shit. What's going to happen with the rest of tour?" Billie asked and I could see Lucinda thinking.

"We have spoken to your management billie and we have decided to continue with tour as normal, the only exceptio-" Lucinda began but I cut her off and walked a little closer.

"Are you serious? You really think that is a good idea?" I asked and I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Raven, Lucinda knows what's best for the company and the record label" Rob began and I scoffed.

"That's brilliant I'm glad she does. But I'm here with Billie and her family. I'm here when they are all terrified and I'm picking up the pieces. I know that continuing as normal is not the best for them."I crossed my arms and waited for a response, Lucinda seemed taken a back but she was processing.

"The label have decided this Raven. I mean we also advised to continue too but at the end of the day its up to them" she said and sighed.

"I couldn't give a fuck what they say. They just want to make money off this poor girl and are willing to risk her life and the lives of the people she loves most? Nah that's fucked. You need to call them back. Postpone the tour until the terrorist group is dismantled. Get Billie and her family to a safe place until this whole ordeal is over. I also suggest this for all artists. Fans will understand. If you don't, I will." I started to get angry so hung up the call and turned around to the group of people staring at me.

"Sorry guys, they're being stupid. I'm not allowing this" I shook my head and walked out the back. Everyone stayed quiet whilst I left. I sat down on a bench outside and sighed. I sat out there alone for a while just cooling off. Emma walked out and headed towards me.

"Hey" she said quietly and sat next to me.

"Hey, sorry about that. I just don't understand how they could be so stupid" I rolled my eyes.

"I get it. They shouldn't be doing this and I'm glad you said something" I looked at her and we exchanged a smile.

"I just hope they fucking listen to me" I sigh and she rests her hand on my thigh, rubbing it softly.

"I'm sure they will" she looked at me, her eyes drifting to my lips. My eyes did the same with hers and I could sense she was leaning in, but I pulled back slightly.

"Hey guys?" I heard Fins voice call us back inside.

I quickly walked in and saw that Rob and Lucinda were requesting a call. As I was walking to accept I saw Billie and she seemed pissed for some reason. I looked outside and could tell that from where she was sitting, she saw what just happened between Emma and I. I sighed and answered the call.

"Okay, we spoke to the label and they are on your side Raven. We will get Billie and her family set up in a safe house back in LA until we resolve this." I smiled to myself when Lucinda said that. "This means you all have to go dark on social media, whilst at the house you cannot post anything or go live" she explained and everyone nodded their heads. "Raven you will continue to stay with them and Emma, we are going to need your expertise. So we will have you a a separate house so you can commute to our office in LA." She smiled at us. We said our goodbyes and I turned to the family who all took a sigh of relief. Maggie got up and hugged me and went somewhere else in the house.
A few minutes passed and we were all talking amongst ourselves when I felt the whole house shake. My eyes widened. "Move!" I shouted and everyone got under the table in the kitchen. The house continued to shake and it got worse, ceiling dust started to come down as cracks appeared. My heart was racing like crazy. I looked to billie who was holding onto my shoulder. Suddenly we heard a scream from the bedroom area.

"Mom" Billie whispered and went to get up.

"Don't you fucking dare!" I shouted at her and looked to Finneas and Patrick. "Don't let her move and none of you come out from under this table" I shouted and Fin grabbed Billie and pulled her into him. I got up from under the table, trying to keep steady but I kept stumbling. Fuck, how long do these things last?! I made my way to where I heard the scream.

"Maggie!" I called out and heard her voice coming from a room. I got in there and her legs were trapped under a piece of ceiling and roofing that had fallen, I looked up and saw that more was going to fall at any second. I walked over and saw the fear in her eyes. I braced myself as I lifted the debris off her legs and she shuffled away. I stood back up and pulled her arm over my shoulder, helping her walk. I think her leg is broken. The walls and floor continued to shake. I got back into the living room and helped Maggie get under a smaller which was closer. I looked over to the dinning table with everyone under it and saw Billie crying into Fin. She looked over at me and held out her arm.

"Raven come on! Quick" she shouted. I started to make my way over but saw the ceiling and roofing begin to fall, I tried to quicken my pace but I stumbled causing me to fall. I knew it was too late to try to get up so I just wrapped myself in the fetal position, milliseconds later the roof came crashing down and everything went black.