Y/n

SECOND PART TO "cardigan"

SPENCERS POV:

Betty, I won't make assumptions
About why you switched your homeroom
But, I think it's 'cause of me
Betty, one time I was riding on my skateboard
When I passed your house
It's like I couldn't breathe

She stares at me not knowing what to say. "Y/n please, let's talk" she moves out of the way and let's me in. She sits in the corner of her living room. Everyone was in the back getting drunk. I sigh before sliding down on the wall next to Y/n.

"Y/n, I won't make assumption on why you changed your number but I think it's because of me"

She took a deep breath before answering. "Of course it was because of you Spencer. I- I was hurting, i'm still hurting" she confesses.

"Y/n," I start. I slightly shift my body to face her. I rub my eye before continuing. "One time I drove by your house and it's like I couldn't breath"

I saw a single teardrop fall from her eye. "Why would you even come Spencer" she asks letting out a breath she held in.

You heard the rumors from Inez
You can't believe a word she says
Most times, but this time, it was true
The worst thing that I ever did
Was what I did to you

"You heard the rumors from Penelope. You can't believe a word she says. Most times, but this time, it was true. The worst thing that I ever did. Was what I did to you" I gently say, tilting her chin up to look at me. She slaps my hand away shaking her head.

But if I just showed up at your party
Would you have me? Would you want me?
Would you tell me to go fuck myself
Or lead me to the garden?
In the garden, would you trust me
If I told you it was just a summer thing?
I'm only 17, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you

"Y/n I- I wasn't sure if I should come today so I wrote you a letter" I dig in the pocket for my piece of paper I wrote to her. I start reading.

"Dear Y/n, what if I showed up to your party? Would you have me? Would you want me? Would you tell me to go fuck myself or lead me to your garden. In the garden would you trust me if I told you it was just a summer thing? I haven't been in many relationships, I don't know anything but I know I miss you"

I see more tears from her eyes. "Spencer it's not that easy" she cries. "I loved you, you risked me for some 'summer thing'" she tells me.

"I-I know Y/n i'm sorry"

Betty, I know where it all went wrong
Your favourite song was playing
From the far side of the gym
I was nowhere to be found
I hate the crowds, you know that
Plus, I saw you dance with him

"Look, I know where it all went wrong. Your favorite song was playing from the far side of the club. I was nowhere to be found. I hate the crowds you know that. Plus, I saw you dancing with him"

You heard the rumors from Inez
You can't believe a word she says
Most times, but this time, it was true
The worst thing that I ever did
Was what I did to you
But if I just showed up at your party
Would you have me? Would you want me?
Would you tell me to go fuck myself
Or lead me to the garden?
In the garden, would you trust me
If I told you it was just a summer thing?
I'm only 17, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you

"Spencer..."

"I was just dancing, you should've had more trust in me. You never wanted to do anything, no dancing, no games. Sure we played childish games sometimes. But you would only dance with me if we were alone how do you think I felt" she cries into her shirt.

"I-I'm sorry. But you know how I feel about the crowds" I whisper the last part knowing it would make her mad. "Really Spencer?! she screams. "So just because you hate the crowds you expect me to live my life like you! I'm sorry but that's not how a relationship works you don't get to set the tone for me. I still have my whole life to live you think i'm going to hide in my house because you want to do that?!"

"Well I didn't expect you to be dancing with another guy!" I yell back. "Well to fucking bad, you thought it was okay to cheat on me because I was dancing with another guy!". I really hurt her. She can't even look at me. Why did I do this, for JJ? She told me she loved me and I, I don't know. I guess I wanted closure. I used to have feeling for her all those years ago but do I still have them? I don't know. If I do it's not as much as I love Y/n. She's the love of my life, i'm sure of it.

I was walking home on broken cobblestones
Just thinking of you
When she pulled up
Like a figment of my worst intentions
She said, "James, get in, let's drive"
Those days turned into nights
Slept next to her, but
I dreamt of you all summer long

"I was walking home, thinking of you. Then she pulled up like a figment of my worst intentions. She said "Spence get in, let's drive" and I-I went with her. Those days turned into nights slept next to her but I swear I dreamt of you all summer long"

She quietly sniffled. She just looked down at her knees.

Betty, I'm here on your doorstep
And I planned it out for weeks now
But it's finally sinking in
Betty, right now is the last time
I can dream about what happens
When you see my face again
The only thing I wanna do
Is make it up to you
So, I showed up at your party
Yeah, I showed up at your party
Will you have me? Will you love me?
Will you kiss me on the porch in front of all your stupid friends?
If you kiss me, will it be just like I dreamed it?
Will it patch your broken wings?
I'm only 17, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you

"The only thing I want to do is make it up to you. So I showed up at your party, Will you have me? Will you love me? Will you kiss me on the porch in front of all your stupid friends. If you kiss me will it be just like I dreamed it? Will it patch your broken wings?" I rant hoping she'll listen.

Standing in your cardigan
Kissing in my car again
Stopped at a streetlight
You know I miss you

She scooted next to me and lies her head on my chest. She wipes her nose on her cardigan and wraps her arms around me. "I missed you" she sobbed into my shirt. "I missed you more than you even know" he whispers. "I'm so sorry I hurt you, you're the love of my life" she looked up at me with her teary eyes. She came in close holding my cheek in her hand. She connects our lips kissing me softly.