the team

TYPE: angst/fluff WARNINGS: self image issues? yeah WORD COUNT: 1

TYPE: angst/fluff
WARNINGS: self image issues? yeah
WORD COUNT: 1.1K SORRY THIS ONES SHORT

I hear the door open. Great! Spencer's home. I run up to him and hug him. "Babe your back!" I squeeze him. He doesn't say anything which is odd. I look up at him and he had tears in my eyes. "Babe what's wrong?" I hold his cheek. He sniffles. "Nothing i'm going to bed" he pushes past me. I've never really seen him upset like this.

Maybe I should give him some space.

I cleaned the mess I made from cooking and started some of my paper work for work tomorrow. My work requires me to go into work at five in the afternoon. Which gives me some time to do it tomorrow but I don't want to make Spencer feel pressured to talk about it.

I get my paperwork done and it's two am. I should go to bed. I walk to our bedroom and start undressing. It's summer time so its hot even at night. I throw off my shirt and pants before putting on shorts and a tank top. I get under the thin cover and notice Spencer is still up. And he's in sweats and a sweatshirt. "Spencer it's hot. Go change into something else" I tell him. "No" he mumbled. I sigh and lie next to him.

I wrap my arm around his waist being big spoon. He pushes my arm away. What's wrong with him today?

"Spence what's wrong" I ask scooting away from him and sitting up straight on the bed. "Nothing go to sleep" he says staying faced the opposite direction. I turn on the lamp. "You know you can tell me anything right?"

I hear him sigh as I say that. He gets up and sits up straight against the bed. "I'm sorry for being rude" he says looking down. I can still see the tears pouring down his face. "Spencer you weren't being rude." I scoot close to him and rub his back gently.

"Do you want to talk about what's going on?"

He nods slowly. He sniffles before hugging me. He sobs into my shoulder slightly shuddering. "Aw baby it's okay come here" I say pulling him close. He pulls me closer to him and i'm on his lap. He just holds me crying into my shoulder. I rub his back and play with his hair slightly.

He finally pulls away and looks at me. I'm sitting down in between his legs. "What happened love" I hold his cheek and wipe away a tear. "The team" he says.

"What about them?" I say looking at him.

"They always make comments" he says. Comments? What does he mean.

"What kind of comments?" I ask grabbing his hands. He looks up at me. "They always make comments about my body, and they always say I don't understand social cues. I'm trying Y/n" he cries.

I feel my heart drop. Spencer's already so insecure. Him hearing those things from people who are supposed to be his family is hurtful. My poor boy.

"Oh baby" I say hugging him. I lean over and wrap my arms around his neck and he sniffles. "E-Emily made a comment about my body being thin and not looking like Morgan and Hotch. Everyone laughed. Even JJ. She's supposed to be my best friend"

My heart breaks for him. I hate seeing him like this. So insecure. But he's so perfect.

Tears prick my eyes. It was stupid of me to be crying but I hate to see my boyfriend feeling like this. "Spence, don't listen to them. They're stupid." I hug him. I kiss his cheek and straddle his waist slightly rocking us back and forth. "I know but it's hard. I know I don't have a six back or super big muscles but they don't need to point it out. And when I don't understand jokes that they make they laugh at me. Or when I make a joke that they don't get they think i'm weird" he wiped his nose on my shirt. "Oh love" I rub his back.

"Baby, you're so beautiful. If I could I would kill them all. No one talks about my boyfriend like that." I say crossing my arms. He slightly smiles look me in the eye.

"Is that why you're wearing these clothes? Because you're insecure?" he nods at my question looking ashamed of himself.

I grab the bottom of his hoodie and start pulling it off of him. He raises his arms. I start kissing his neck and collar bone. Not in a sexual way. In a loving way. "Spence you have the most beautiful body ever" I hug him nuzzling my face into his neck kissing it softly.

I look at him and brush some hair out of his face. He blushes. "Y/n why do you love me? The team is right. I don't understand social cues. And i'm just weird. In general i'm just weird" he says looking down.

"Spencer, look at me" I pick up his chin. "You are so perfect. Every part of you. I love that you don't understand the jokes I tell I think that is so cute. I love when you tell me jokes I don't understand because then you explain them to me. And you're so passionate when you talk and ramble I love it all"

Tears come from his face. "I'm so lucky to have you" his voice cracks a bit. "I'm so lucky that you love me" he wipes a tear from his eye.

"No i'm lucky Spencer." I say grabbing his hand. "You are the most specialist amazingist person in the world" I tell him. I then sit next to him and wrap my arms around his torso feeling his warm body. "Amazingist isn't a word" he giggled.

"Well now it's a word. Just for you" I tell him.

"I love you so much Spencer. Don't let anyone ever make you think you're not the most sexy attractive wonderful person alive"

"You think i'm sexy?" he asks turning his head to me. "Hell yeah. You're so sexy" I reply. He smiles at me and lies down. I lie behind him spooning him.

I play with his hair a bit before wrapping my arm around his waist. I feel him shift. He turns to me and brings me closer. There's no space between us now. My head was on his chest and our legs where tangled together.

"Goodnight my love"

"Goodnight I love you" he mumbled against your hair.

"I love you more"