Chapter 10

Percy POV

I was at my first mandated therapy session today. I was simply sitting on the abnormally comfy couch and waiting for the psychologist to come in. 

I was nervous about this. I didn't want to be here. 

The shrink sessions were where I could potentially fail in keeping up my facade. Lake Valor's psychologists were experts in human interactions. I feel like they could just sniff the lies and falseness off of me. 

My fingers were drumming the couch nervously as I wanted. 

Gods, what was taking so long? 

Suddenly, the door opened, and a young woman walked into the white room. She was a young, African-American woman, and she looked kind. She also looked younger than me, which was weird considering she was supposed to be a psychologist. 

"Hello, Percy, I'm Hazel Levesque, and I'll be responsible for your mandatory therapy," Hazel said as she sat down opposite of me. 

"Um, aren't you younger than me?" I asked as I looked at her. Hazel's curly hair framed her face, but it suited her look. 

"Yes, probably. But, you already know about young age accomplishments, don't you?" she asked with a chuckle. 

"I guess, I did. But, I don't know anymore," I said softly. 

My mind was racing on high alert to not look suspicious. I kept reminding myself that I had to have memory loss. 

Her golden eyes washed over my body and face as she studied me. 

"Well, Percy, I want to inform you that this is a private space. There are no cameras and no audio pieces. Our meetings will be completely confidential as I make sure that you're still suited for duty as a special agent," Hazel explained. 

I simply nodded in understanding. 

However, did I really believe that this was a completely confidential space with no form of supervision? No, I did not. 

A conspiracy was brewing at Lake Valor. I couldn't trust anyone. 

Furthermore, Kronos escaped, and I was still in shock about it. This was what I didn't want to happen at all costs, yet it did. I can only imagine what that monster was planning. 

Hazel tapped her pen on her notepad as she prepared her first question. 

"Okay, Percy, do you remember anything from before?" Hazel asked. I realized that Hazel Levesque was very respectful and kind. 

It made me want to trust her, but I wasn't going to yet. 

"Nothing before the explosion. People are explaining things to me about me, but I cannot recall anything," I said firmly. 

"That's pretty common with memory loss individuals. Let's just continue," Hazel said. 

We pretty much exchanged questions for the next hour. Hazel asked me all sorts of questions, and I had answers to some of them. Surprisingly, Hazel didn't push me for answers. 

Finally, the therapy session was done, and it wasn't too bad. 

I was about to step out of the door when Hazel stopped me with her voice. 

"Percy," she acknowledged firmly. 

I turned towards her. Hazel was standing near her seat as she gazed at me. 

"You saved my brother once and helped him become a soldier here (over a year ago). I really appreciate that," Hazel said. 

I guess I saved her brother. I wasn't sure though because I saved a lot of people.